By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I Hate Steam

I remember when I could install a game and start playing, but no to with steam. I have to go through a lot of stupid Sh*t and it is Pissing me off. I just bought Supreme Commander 2 and I am alread angry at all of this. Why do you need Steam. I liked it when the directory for the game was on my computer, I can't find it for Supreme Commander. Will I even be able to use mods now?

Please someone explain why this stupid thing called Steam exsist?

Around the Network

Just becasue you don't know what you are doing doesn't mean that Steam sucks.

This is a classic example of self-serving bias. All the problems you listed are your own fault. Steam is a fine program, yet your first instinct is to "hate" it, rather then say, hmmm, maybe I just don't know how to do exactly what I want yet.

Steam, more so than any other program, let's you "install and start playing." You don't even have to start an installation wizard, or download patches upon patches. You just let it download, and then hop in.

I don't know what stupid "Shit" you have to go through.

The directory of your games is in your computer. Just got to program files/steam/steamapps/ and it will be there.

Of course you can use mods.

This "stupid thing" isn't steam. It's you.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:

This is a classic example of self-serving bias. All the problems you listed are your own fault. Steam is a fine program, yet your first instinct is to "hate" it, rather then say, hmmm, maybe I just don't know how to do exactly what I want yet.

Steam, more so than any other program, let's you "install and start playing." You don't even have to start an installation wizard, or download patches upon patches. You just let it download, and then hop in.

The directory of your games is in your computer. Just got to program files/steam/steamapps/ and it will be there.

/thread

Lightning_24 said:

I remember when I could install a game and start playing, but no to with steam. I have to go through a lot of stupid Sh*t and it is Pissing me off. I just bought Supreme Commander 2 and I am alread angry at all of this. Why do you need Steam. I liked it when the directory for the game was on my computer, I can't find it for Supreme Commander. Will I even be able to use mods now?

Wow, its like its 2003 all over again.

Trust me, Steam is awesome.  You don't remember the days when Steam actually had problems.  Now adays, you can actually log into steam, download a 5-10 year old game for $2-3 and play it in less than a minute.  Seriously dude....there's nothing to complain about.  If you have a problem, just right-click it in your steam directory and check the steam forums for the issue.  99 times out of 100, someone has already resolved your issue.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

All I wanted was someone to explain it to me so thanks. You are right, i got fed up with it when I did have to do a lot of stuff to get it working. And thanks for calling me stupid, that always helps. I just wanted information, and I was fed up having to do the stuff i did.

Around the Network
Avalach21 said:

BOOM !

Time to Work !

That's one of Peter Gabriel's best songs!

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Lightning_24 said:

Wow, its like its 2003 all over again.

Trust me, Steam is awesome.  You don't remember the days when Steam actually had problems.  Now adays, you can actually log into steam, download a 5-10 year old game for $2-3 and play it in less than a minute.  Seriously dude....there's nothing to complain about.  If you have a problem, just right-click it in your steam directory and check the steam forums for the issue.  99 times out of 100, someone has already resolved your issue.

Or you could buy the same game with similar price from gog.com with no DRM and no copy limits (and it is still completely legal).