By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: PlayStation 3 Suffering From Widespread PSN Error

February 28, 2010 - SCEA is looking into widespread reports tonight of PlayStation Network login errors causing many left unable to play games, and even lose trophies, on certain PlayStation 3 consoles. 

"We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it," the company said in a statement. "Stay tuned for updates." 

Forum members and e-mail tipsters are saying this problem is primarily affecting owners of the older model of the PlayStation 3, and is even causing users to lose trophies previously earned. Many titles, such as Heavy Rain, are also now unplayable due to connection issues with Sony's servers. 

One theory points to an issue with the console's internal calendar, which is reportedly resetting pre-slim models to 12/31/1999. 

It's unclear at the moment how widespread this issue is. 

IGN has contacted SCEA for an update on what's causing these errors. We'll keep you updated.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

Around the Network

wow that sucks
thank god my PS3 is working fine so far

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

mine works fine.

^ do you guys have slims?

Mine has been affected but no trophys are lost yet. Hopefully never. Also my calendar says its 12/31/1999 and i can't change it.

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
Mine has been affected but no trophys are lost yet. Hopefully never. Also my calendar says its 12/31/1999 and i can't change it.

yep those are the symptoms, im not doing anything as it seems like the more you try to do the worse it gets

radiantshadow92 said:
gurglesletch said:

yep those are the symptoms, im not doing anything as it seems like the more you try to do the worse it gets

F*** i tried fixing it like 50 times earlier but i guess i should stop.

This is happening on my 60gig launch as well. No trophies lost yet.

Hmm does this affect just NA ? Because my fat old PS3 works perfectly fine date is perfect I have all my trophies all games work fine and I can play online.

yep its everywher^