By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wal-mart Secret Sale: 80gb ps3 with 15 free Blu-Ray movies...

makingmusic476 said:
FishyJoe said:
Based on the size of the HD movie sections in my local wal-marts, it would take about 3 PS3 sales to wipe out the entire section. What happens after that?

They're sending extra BD stock to the Wal-marts for the sale.

From the OP:

For those stores that carry BD already, additional titles are being sent in for the sale. For those that do not have BD in their store (a small minority) product will be sent to each store specifically for this sale.

That still doesn't mean they won't stock really crappy movies.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
makingmusic476 said:
FishyJoe said:
Based on the size of the HD movie sections in my local wal-marts, it would take about 3 PS3 sales to wipe out the entire section. What happens after that?

They're sending extra BD stock to the Wal-marts for the sale.

From the OP:

For those stores that carry BD already, additional titles are being sent in for the sale. For those that do not have BD in their store (a small minority) product will be sent to each store specifically for this sale.

That still doesn't mean they won't stock really crappy movies.

True, but hey, a good sale is a good sale.  Stop complaining, lol.

What movies are usually on sale in Wal*Marts for this kind of price?

Is it likely that they'd jack up the price of already good selling films (aka good films) and just have the shitty films on sale?

thats a good deal

Thats just psycho.

Around the Network

aww... under 30 dollars. I was hoping i'd be able to get an 80 gig, flip the movies, trade it in and get a 20 used gig... and come close to breaking even on the deal...

Eh, guess i'll go back to the "Wait until I run out of Wii games to buy a PS3" plan.

I want a PS3, but at the same time, can't justfy it when i've got plenty of Wii games i haven't played yet that I've owned, and plenty of Wii games I want i haven't bought.

Well unless i can find a real killer ripoff of a deal.

Non Sequor said:
Good luck finding 15 Bluray releases that you'd actually want to watch more than once.
I completely agree with you!! Soooooo true!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Seriously, last time I went to walmart, they barely had more than 15 different HD movies. 2/3 of them were stinkers as well.

If there were 15 decent films on BD that I didn't already own I might be interested.