By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 now has 27 million sellers, Gears and Halo lead the pack!

Like I said, RE:4 is added, making it 9 Wii millions sellers.

I remember making a wild predicion of 35 for X360, 25 for Wii and 7 for PS3 by the end of 2007. X360 and PS3 might be close, but I'll probably eat some humble pie for the Wii one.

Around the Network
stranne said:
Like I said, RE:4 is added, making it 9 Wii millions sellers.

I remember making a wild predicion of 35 for X360, 25 for Wii and 7 for PS3 by the end of 2007. X360 and PS3 might be close, but I'll probably eat some humble pie for the Wii one.

35, 25, and 7 by the END of 2007?  If it's currently 27, 8, and 2 heading into mid-November, you'll probably eat some humble pie for all three.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I really think X360 will be close. Xmas will see crazy software sales for X360.

And that prediction was for the http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=X360&publisher=&sort=Total chart, so it's really shipments.

Edit: and it's 27, 9 and 2...

sinha, he won't eat humble pie on X360 million-sellers *if* he's talking about games released in one country or another in 2005-2007.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Very impressive.

I'd assume Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Marvel: UA, and Orange Box will be there by the end of the year, bringing the total to 32. Rock Band has a shot, but I don't think it will make it. Ace Combat 6 has an off chance, as well.

Around the Network

Well technically Wii has 11, it's just BBA: WD and MSC haven't been added for the weirdest reason.

X360 will probably hit that 35 prediction but the other 2 probably won't. Wii looking to about 15-17. PS3 might hit that 7 but depends.

Add in Lost Odyssey, as it's a 07 title, Viva Pinata (since its at 860k, appearently, and still selling), as well as NFS: Pro Street (last 2 titles hit 1m, why not this?), and PES, since it sold almost 1m in Europe alone.

So 35 has a real easy shot of it. But probably not all of 'em by the end of 07.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

stof said:
So here's the rundown of games currently released.

Xbox 360 has 27 million sellers with who knows how many others on their way to hitting that mark.

The Wii has 8 with Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Academy, RE4, Metroid Prime and probably Guitar Hero 3 on the way

And the PS3 has 2 current Million sellers with several likely but unassured million sellers. Games like Heavenly sword and RC will be largely dependent on European sales. Is Uncharted out yet?

Uncharted is just  few days away...

i wonder if the 360 can beat the ps2 with million sellers,i know it will beat xbox but it is interesting to see if it will beat ps2

great games always sell, no surprise the 360 is a software selling machine