By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Weekly Poll #1b - Virtual Fighter 5

ok, so I couldn't wait till next week to post this poll... so its Weekly Poll #1b 

I also think these are good post to get some good discussions not based on which console is better.

Question #1 - Currently Virtual Fighter 5 has a score of 90 on metacritic.com on the 360, yet it has done very poorly in sales, this is due to...

a) backlash from hardcore players for releasing it late on the 360

b) All the hype for the game was used up on the PS3 and the Media largely ignored the 360 launch

c) It doesn't cater to the 360 demographic

d) It was overshadowed by other games coming out in the same weeks

e) Its a combination of a,b,c and/or d.

f) none of the above - it's a dying genre of gaming

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Mostly b. If a game was released on other platform a half year eariler it's not "hot" anymore and it doesn't get enough hype and attention, even if it deserve it.

None of the above, it's because the fighting genre is dying and it's very sad.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

By that token alot of genres are dying.

ckmlb said:

F) - Here, you go!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

B: ignored by media because it came to the 360 late.
F: fighting genre is dying
but also
D: overshadowed by other games.

Example of D, I bought the damn thing and I've only played it once for 10 minutes.
I just don't have enough time to play all the 360 games I've bought in the last few months. I don't even play Halo 3 or BioShock anymore now that the Orange Box, CoD4 and Assassin's Creed are out, and VF 5 is *way* below those on the priority list. I can only imagine how much worse that is for those who own multiple consoles with games like Galaxy, Ratchet and Uncharted also taking up precious gaming time.  In retrospect I should probably have waited until next year to get it.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Japanese focused game+American focused console=Poor sales.

PS3 sales to date of VF5 are 0.27m

360 0.05m

The game sucked in sales genarally. If it was released on 360 first with all the advertising I reckon it would nearly have hit the million mark.

F, with some help of the D.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d