By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Patch for Lair?

Is there any hope that there will ever be a patch for lair that will utilize analog controls and possibly improve the targeting. I have yet to play it but ive read up on alot of reveiws for it and am not impressed by what ive seen. At first i thought that sony forced suck-axis controls upon lair but i believe phil harrison of sony europe said that they never force suck-axis controls so i have no idea why they werent/cant be added. You know, i actually WANT for lair to be good. Im a new ps3 owner and I own no games. As a matter of fact I have yet to even take it out of the box. Is there any hope we may see a patch? I realize these are trying times to be a sony fan but this isnt a troll topic or anything of that nature.

On a side note reading the book eragon and its sequel got me really wanting to play a dragon game. I suck like that. 

Around the Network
dabaus513 said:

Im a new ps3 owner and I own no games. As a matter of fact I have yet to even take it out of the box.

Why did you even buy a PS3 if you have no games and haven't even bothered to take it out of the box? And I know people will quickly want to say the same thing to me, but I didn't put any money down on mine so I don't mind that I haven't turned it on in a few days.

Who cares, just buy a Saturn if ya want good Dragon games.

Pfft.

@ twestern. I work at walmart so in december i get 20% off one item and my item of choice was a ps3 because i thought it was good deal for 320 plus my brother told me hed throw in a 100 so reducing the price to 220. I figured id be a fool not to jump on that deal. Im well aware its not december so i bought the thing for full price for fear that by the time december rolls around theyd be sold out. When it is december 1st i will return it and immediatly rebuy it with my discount. Thats part of the reason ive yet to take it out of the box. Due to the fact that my broseph sucks he claims he never said hed give me the 100. I remember very vividly he said it. I was sober and so was he.

referring to the price of the 40 gig

Around the Network

Resistance: Fall of Man
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword (short but at least rent it because it's awesome)
Motorstorm
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
+multi-platform games.

That'll keep you busy for a while, and you can keep Lair off of your list.

Its a shame games are 60 dollars nowadays. Id really like to buy some of those you mentioned but i cant afford them, with college and all. thats why im forced to only buy the for sure aaa titles. Im just pissed factor 5 wont make a patch! Didnt they even try to blame sony for the game not turning out as they envisioned it? Like sony sony didnt advertise the hell out of that game, if you went to any ps3 koisk it was like the only game shown. I would think they could show some respect to sony.

dabaus513 said:
@ twestern. I work at walmart so in december i get 20% off one item and my item of choice was a ps3 because i thought it was good deal for 320 plus my brother told me hed throw in a 100 so reducing the price to 220. I figured id be a fool not to jump on that deal. Im well aware its not december so i bought the thing for full price for fear that by the time december rolls around theyd be sold out. When it is december 1st i will return it and immediatly rebuy it with my discount. Thats part of the reason ive yet to take it out of the box. Due to the fact that my broseph sucks he claims he never said hed give me the 100. I remember very vividly he said it. I was sober and so was he.

Mkay, that's a little bit of an odd way of thinking. I'm not saying you're crazy, I would just think working at Wal-Mart you would have a good idea when shipments come in and could get in line or common sense would tell you the PS3 isn't likely to sell out.

But whatever the case, not really criticising you for buying a PS3 with no games, I'm just always curious why anyone buys any console when they don't get any games or then have to ask people what games they should buy.

Also, I highly doubt a patch for the game is coming. It's been out a while and the Lair name has already been drug through the mud everywhere. Just about everyone that would have heard about a patch would already not care, the people that might care wouldn't hear about it, and the people that just don't know any better will buy the game no matter what because it looks cool. Also, it's pretty clear that the developers are ready to blame the games problems on anything other than the controls (they went as far as ghosts) so I don't seem them fessing up to the shitty controls anytime soon and actually fixing the problem anytime soon.  

And if I remember correctly, the controls weren't the only bad thing, the game also had bad frame rate. 

Honestly if finances are a issue for you the other two consoles would be a better fit for you. They are backwards compatible, they have a budget library, and that means they should have a stronger used market. That means more games that can be gotten at a decent price. Even arcade and the virtual console provide decent cheap gaming. I do not think anyone here seriously expects the PS3 to sell out. Despite claims to the contrary it did not even sell out at launch. Sure it was hard to find in some places, but the resellers brought most of theirs back.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Factor Five regardless. They are a small developer, and they are a very loyal developer. They really were trying to do right by Sony by making use of their controllers feature. That said given the size of the developer. How well the game was received, and how much an extensive patch would cost. They will probably never release a patch, or in this case downloadable content.

Factor five is not a bad developer. They just made a few bad calls. Regardless they probably do not have the resources to do any extensive additional code for the game.