By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International - OFFICIAL THREAD!

Deidara89, i'd give it 8 out of 10, but its definately made more valuable by the fact that there hasnt been a lot of great JRPGs this gen.

Currently own: PC (duh), SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP.

Around the Network

What about the extra characters? Are they there?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

As truly great as SO4 is, an' as big of a SO fan i am, i'd still put WKC over SO4, but only because WKC is a new exp and franchise. if it was on par with game titles up to SO, i'd go with that. but with online, quests, DLC, an' character creation ... yeah...

Still this is really good game.

awesome post loved it =D

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Crystalchild said:
superwrxsti said:
So, I decided that it may be the game disc that I got, and traded it for a brand new copy today. I was able to play the game for about 50 minutes before it froze... It's still freezing though. No one else has had, or is having freezing issues with this game at all?? I got Lymle, and have been traveling the frozen areas and the tower that you learn healing from, but the game freezes whenever I try to advance.. Always at the very beginning of a battle. It's frozen randomly two other times, but every other of the at least 30 times since, it's been the start of the battle

nope, nothing. SO did run incredibely smooth.

i 2nd this, im about 15 hours in, i've noticed a fair share of graphical and distance issues, but Speed is actually extremely smooth an' balanced, even more so then Till the end of time.

It even loads menu's faster then SO2 on PSP and the 360 version, which is alot slower.

Hmm i got it yesterday and there are enemies popping out of thin air because of view distant and noticeable hicups when using special attacks in battle (but i might be oversensitive to this at the moment after coming from close to constant 60 fps gameplay of ME2 ;) )

Oh yeah and when you play with japanise VA when Remi calls Edge it sounds almost like etchi :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

^ It sounds funny when she says "Edge no ecchi" lol, I noticed that aswell :P

Anyone else think the AI is stupid? Apparently it doesn't matter to them if they get hit by the bosses ultimate moves, they're slow to heal and some of them don't know how to conserve mana..

Seriously, Edge's AI uses his mana ~three times as fast as the other chars <.< I'm considering removing him from party because it's so annoying.. otherwise I'd have to control him all the time.. :/

Nice thread!
I really enjoyed the other SO's (especially 3...) so will definitely pick this up very soon. Just got my Ps3 and friday my Full Hd arrives...

Oh i didn't know you can remove him later from party I kinda thought he is must have main hero like in Tales of.. games :)
But yeah he wastes a lot of mana so i stopped refuelling him and now leave him to AI since i seem to get much less damage in battles when controlling Remi.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Kamal said:
What about the extra characters? Are they there?

those characters appear to be not here...

How is Arumat? I don' t want to know his personality (because that' s spoiler!), but his movements in battle. Characters with scythe are always elengant and spectacular in movements. I want him to be so...