Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate features Mega Man-style boss progression

Tagged games:

Batman won't be squaring off against eight Robot Masters created by Dr. Wily, but his upcoming game Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will still take some lessons from old-school platformer Mega Man. Players will choose the order of boss fights, a la Mega Man, which will lead to more gameplay variety on repeat playthroughs, director Mark Pacini said during an interview with Polygon.

The Mega Man comparisons don't stop there, either. Defeating a boss will earn you a specific item tied to that character, which Batman can subsequently use to make future engagements easier. Unfortunately, it's unlikely Bats will get to summon a flying robo-dog during his adventures in Blackgate.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate-features-mega-man-style-boss-pr/



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network

I've seen gameplay for this and I have to say it looks pretty good, might be a day 1 buy depending on the reviews.



KingdomHeartsFan said:

I've seen gameplay for this and I have to say it looks pretty good, might be a day 1 buy depending on the reviews.


Which version are you getting?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I've seen gameplay for this and I have to say it looks pretty good, might be a day 1 buy depending on the reviews.


Which version are you getting?


Well I gotta see the difference between the 3DS and Vita version, if they are almost the same then I will get the 3DS one, but if the difference is like Chinatown Wars on PSP and DS then I might wait til I get a Vita to pick the game up.



KingdomHeartsFan said:
BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I've seen gameplay for this and I have to say it looks pretty good, might be a day 1 buy depending on the reviews.


Which version are you getting?


Well I gotta see the difference between the 3DS and Vita version, if they are almost the same then I will get the 3DS one, but if the difference is like Chinatown Wars on PSP and DS then I might wait til I get a Vita to pick the game up.


Well while you wait here's a article shedding more information about the differences: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124190-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Blackgate-on-3DS-Vita-to-Be-Almost-Identical

 

Though note its from May 2013.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
BasilZero said:


Well while you wait here's a article shedding more information about the differences: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124190-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Blackgate-on-3DS-Vita-to-Be-Almost-Identical

 

Though note its from May 2013.


Well if they are identical then I will get the 3DS version because they will probably put the gadgets on the bottom screan for easy access and maybe the mini map too.  



KingdomHeartsFan said:
BasilZero said:


Well while you wait here's a article shedding more information about the differences: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124190-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Blackgate-on-3DS-Vita-to-Be-Almost-Identical

 

Though note its from May 2013.


Well if they are identical then I will get the 3DS version because they will probably put the gadgets on the bottom screan for easy access and maybe the mini map too.  


I might do the same though I kinda hope this comes out on Steam :P



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
BasilZero said:


Well while you wait here's a article shedding more information about the differences: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124190-Batman-Arkham-Origins-Blackgate-on-3DS-Vita-to-Be-Almost-Identical

 

Though note its from May 2013.


Well if they are identical then I will get the 3DS version because they will probably put the gadgets on the bottom screan for easy access and maybe the mini map too.  


I might do the same though I kinda hope this comes out on Steam :P


Lol you hope every game comes out on steam.



KingdomHeartsFan said:


Lol you hope every game comes out on steam.


Yes *_*!

So I can eventually in the future record them for my YT channel.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel