1. Yes they are they are competing within the circles of Apple and Samsung at the same time sandwiched with less popular phone. If they want their phones to explode then they need to do something different. No Company will just being happy with being profitable or only profiting little.
2. What I meant is not just the specs but a phone dedicated for games that will have their own portfolio of games, exclusive add on an such like ROG Phone is having.
3. It will be bigger as time goes not just with gatcha games but with solid games.
4. you don't need internet.
5. because that can potentially sell their phones. They might find success again in trying again to have their phone lines have exclusive game feature that is not available on other phones.
1) Sony are still I the restructuring stages of their mobile division. It's neither consistently stable nor consosconsis profitable for their goals to be anything but sustainability. If you think Sony is thinking of leapfrogging stability and growth to be the on the level of Apple or Samsung, then yout aren't seeing the full picture
2) this doesn't sound sustainable. Add ons is not going to give Sony a commercially appealing phone. They aren't going to put the resources into dedicated games when they already bave a dedicated game developer to make iOS/ android games.
3) this doesn't change anything for Sony.
4) With PSnow rumoured to get download support and digital sales increasing year by year, your 'dont need internet's is somewhat archaic. Most ppl don't care that they need internet for anything. It's almost an expectation of life on whole.
5) potentially. Might. Yeah, possibly. But these gamer phones are really niche. And as mentioned, Sony already has similar specs phones and they are not cheap either. Price is a Sony problem in regards to their phones.