Quantcast
"Resource shift to the Wii"

Forums - Sales Discussion - "Resource shift to the Wii"

Sorry, I don't read the other board as much



Around the Network

FishyJoe said: And another PS3 exclusive lost... http://gamernode.com/News/2320-DMC-4-No-Longer-PS3-Exclusive/index.html
So basically resource shift to the Xbox 360. But I thought all the fanboys here said all the games would go to the Wii?



All the games? Heavens no. Just such big backlog of them that you'd be missing out on a ton of them if you did pass on the Wii. :)



Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said: All the games? Heavens no. Just such big backlog of them that you'd be missing out on a ton of them if you did pass on the Wii. :)
Like what? I see Nintendo fanboys getting their hopes up because of a Spong article, or even funnier, a GTA rumor that doesn't even exist. It's not exactly DMC now, is it?



n00b said: vanguardian1 said: All the games? Heavens no. Just such big backlog of them that you'd be missing out on a ton of them if you did pass on the Wii. :) Like what? I see Nintendo fanboys getting their hopes up because of a Spong article, or even funnier, a GTA rumor that doesn't even exist. It's not exactly DMC now, is it?
Correct so far we haven't seen any "OMG" game from 3rd parties. But honestly do Nintendo need it at this point? So far I think it looks pretty bad for PS3 and really good for xbox360 as the clear leader this gen they can just focus on getting up the profit and let the Wii hype in japan and USA kill of PS3 for them.



 

 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

If developers are going with the proven horse, that's PS3. Strong launch or not. Developers didn't drop everything when Gamecube had a massive launch, nor were they bowled over when N64 was outselling PSX. Nintendo still has a long way to go to prove itself with the development community. Not that it can't be done, but a couple good months doesn't change the status quo. Microsoft has been getting some love lately, but that took a year headstart to pull off.



Nintendo has proven itself already with the DS. What can work for a handheld can work for a console. It's only getting better and better for Nintendo from now on and therefore worse for especially Sony.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said: Nintendo has proven itself already with the DS. What can work for a handheld can work for a console. It's only getting better and better for Nintendo from now on and therefore worse for especially Sony.
If that were the case, GBC developers would have jumped to N64, and GBA developers would have jumped to Cube. Two different markets. Two different schools of thought. Nintendo's dominance in the portable market has never helped it in the console market, which is apparent considering it's led portables for 18 years but not led consoles for 12.



n00b said:Like what? I see Nintendo fanboys getting their hopes up because of a Spong article, or even funnier, a GTA rumor that doesn't even exist. It's not exactly DMC now, is it?
Personally I'm not going to start counting anything until it's confirmed by some place that's at least reputable. ONM is iffy, and Spong isn't even a factor there. I'm more hyped about "Project O" myself. ^_^ No matter how well it does, the Wii isn't going to get a port of Devil May Cry 4 or Final Fantasy XIII, I understand that. I don't argue that DMC4 is a major game, or that Final Fantasy is a monster, but they're still individual chess pieces on the board. And as for GTA 4, that's outta the question as well. But if the Wii keeps grabbing support in all 3 territories like it has been, don't you think even Rockstar would start investing more resources into Wii titles? I can easily see a spin-off series like the PSP has gotten coming to the Wii if this keeps up. :) The problem with the PS3/360 is the install base. The 360 is only doing well in North America, so-so in Europe, and a complete non-factor in japan. The PS3 is doing poor all around at this point, from everything I've read I don't expect the PS3 to outsell the wii worldwide this month either, and judging from the other 2 regions, I expect the PS3 to start slacking off on sales after this month in Europe as well. The PS3 won't have any significant "console sellers" in the next few months at least from what we've seen. On the other hand, the 360's lineup is looking considerably more solid.... with more of the same software that appeals to it's current crowd. I recall Moore saying something about some announcements later in the year to attract a wider audience, but from my perspective the casual/nongamer audience is already buying into the Wii, which will have a much wider library for those consumers with a more attractive controller and price point, and I just can't see MS doing much there (outside of a few more Viva Pinata flounders). And I don't expect the 360's few jrpg's to do too well here either, they're not the types of games that xbox fans are *usually* interested in (only possibility if MS pushes it enough, they turn out to be great games, AND if 360 fans are desperate enough for something different). For the later half of this year, the 360 looks to have a large stash of "hardcore" killer games along with their regular variety at this point. The PS3 looks like it will have a few "hardcore" killers itself. I don't honestly see Little Big Planet making many waves for it, nor HOME for that matter, outside of it's current install base. The Wii, at best, looks like it may have almost as many "hardcore" killers as PS3, but that's unlikely IMHO. What it does have is still the *still* system-selling Wii Sports combined with Super Paper Mario, the upcoming Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, MySims, and most likely a larger and better assortment of casual/non gamer titles than the PS3 and 360 combined. The Wii is so far going for the casual/non gamers first, and hardcore second, unlike the PS3/360 and most all previous consoles. Combined with it's price point and controller, and from what we've been hearing about at the stores, I don't see the system slowing down 'till at least May at *earliest* in any region. And as for Nintendo fans still buying out the console, why do you think that Zelda Wii's attach rate has stayed below 50% this year? It's not just Nintendo fans buying the console anymore. And the gamecube version seems to have completely fallen off the charts. Oh yeah, I wonder how well that Dragon Quest Swords Wii game is going to do....there goes any chance of PS3 catching up to Wii before Final Fantasy XIII in Japan at least. :) Edit : Oops, Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) looks like it will ship this year, but things don't look good for RE5 (360/PS3) to hit this year at this point.



Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Shane said: RolStoppable said: Nintendo has proven itself already with the DS. What can work for a handheld can work for a console. It's only getting better and better for Nintendo from now on and therefore worse for especially Sony. If that were the case, GBC developers would have jumped to N64, and GBA developers would have jumped to Cube. Two different markets. Two different schools of thought. Nintendo's dominance in the portable market has never helped it in the console market, which is apparent considering it's led portables for 18 years but not led consoles for 12.
The difference now is that the ds is completely different compared to anything else on the market, just like the wii..........