Quantcast
Mushroom Men Spore Wars bombed who's fault?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mushroom Men Spore Wars bombed who's fault?

BMaker11 said:
Gamerace said:
BMaker11 said:

 

The reason games like Prince of Persia and Valkyria Chronicles do badly is because Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance, LBP, CoD: WaW, Fallout 3, etc. completely surround it. What excuse do you have for MM doing badly?

 

 

I expect this game failed for a huge host of reasons - new IP, no interesting main character, bad release date (too close to Christmas), general lack of public knowledge, no brand, lost in the flood of Wii games, better games out (Animal Crossing, Shaun White, Sonic - not better reviewed but much better brand), too generic, etc.

What? MM doing badly or the HD games doing badly?

MM, I'm basing on the US sales figure of only 2,141 units.

The HD games, I'm basing on seeing how LBP sold a million, Gears sold sold gangbusters and so did Fable 2 and Fallout....the average consumer doesn't have an infinite amount of money so with all those millions going to those games, something like Mirror's Edge didn't stand a chance

 

 I was talking about MM.  That same last statement applys to Wii owners too.  I have 5 games I want this holiday season: Tomb Raider Underworld (got), Shaun White, Dokapon Kingdom, NHL 2K9, Skate It.   Even if I wanted a generic no name, small developer platformer I wouldn't have the money for it either.  Heck Skate it and Dokapon Kingdom are likely to get left out too.  And if a Wii owner wanted a platformer why wouldn't they get Sonic instead?  Of Warioland or De Blob? 

Let's ask a more pragmatic question:  Why is such a strong brand as Sonic selling so badly on HD but well on Wii?



 

Around the Network
Gamerace said:

 I was talking about MM.  That same last statement applys to Wii owners too.  I have 5 games I want this holiday season: Tomb Raider Underworld (got), Shaun White, Dokapon Kingdom, NHL 2K9, Skate It.   Even if I wanted a generic no name, small developer platformer I wouldn't have the money for it either.  Heck Skate it and Dokapon Kingdom are likely to get left out too.  And if a Wii owner wanted a platformer why wouldn't they get Sonic instead?  Of Warioland or De Blob? 

Let's ask a more pragmatic question:  Why is such a strong brand as Sonic selling so badly on HD but well on Wii?

Could it be because PS360 owners just aren't that interested in brands based on certain characters?

 



BMaker11 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
BMaker11 said:
patjuan32 said:
kingofwale said:
Kenology said:
BMaker11 said:
This game doesn't have "Wii" or "Mario" in its title...it was destined to fail on the Wii

Neither does "Guitar Hero" or "Resident Evil" - neither of which failed.  Go troll somewhere else!

 

 

Yes, because Guitar Hero and Resident Evil are also brand new IP exclusive for the Wii.... wait a second.

 

Third party exclusive title being ignored by casual audience the in absent of any Nintendo paid ads featuring "Wii would like to pay"?? Is this really shocking?

Not as shocking as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Burnout paradise, and Tales of Vesperia falling at retail. But no one wants to talk about that.

 

Are you referring to the games that essentially got lost in translation amongst the big holiday lineup (Dead Space and ME), the game that has sold over a million amongst the HD consoles, and probably over a million alone on the PS3 due to it being a PSN title (Burnout), or the game that I openly admitted to failing at retail (ToV).

The only thing, under those conditions, that Mushroom Men is comprable to it ToV....there were no big releases around that game on the Wii...except maybe CoD: WaW (but nobody on the Wii bought that game)....and this game is definitely not a million seller. So, what're you getting at about "no one wants to talk about that"?

The reason games like Prince of Persia and Valkyria Chronicles do badly is because Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance, LBP, CoD: WaW, Fallout 3, etc. completely surround it. What excuse do you have for MM doing badly?

 

Oh please, spare us the half-assed indignation. You don't have a Wii and even if you did you would have never touched this game. There's a 90% chance you never even heard of it until you saw this thread so don't come in here with some piss-poor interrogation like people have to "explain" why yet another gamecock game flopped when the only people putting weight on this game, a game they've NEVER discussed before, are Sony fanboys.

And no, the Vesperia comparison isn't valid because Mushroom Men isn't a big budget sequel to a long running franchise that got outsold by its Wii cousin on a smaller budget.

I know Sony is in a tight spot, but bearing your teeth at low profile Wii games is not going to save them.

ahh...assuming a little much, aren't you? I have a subscription to Game Informer and the latest issue has Mushroom Men in it. Claude assumption #1 = fail.

Vesperia IS comparable because Vesperia was released when no other big 360 game came out, such is the case with Mushroom Men. Claude assumption #2 = fail.

When did Sony "fanboys" make a ruckus about something like Haze failing at retail, or when Valkyria didn't do so hot? Never. This is a thread started by a Nintendo fan, asking why a game (that you yourself said was expected to bomb) bombed. Sony fans didn't bring it up, Nintendo fans did. Claude assumption #3 = fail.

 

and yet you're here, complaining, go worry about how the ps3 is doomed, not selling, etc.

 



BMaker11 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
BMaker11 said:
patjuan32 said:
kingofwale said:
Kenology said:
BMaker11 said:
This game doesn't have "Wii" or "Mario" in its title...it was destined to fail on the Wii

Neither does "Guitar Hero" or "Resident Evil" - neither of which failed.  Go troll somewhere else!

 

 

Yes, because Guitar Hero and Resident Evil are also brand new IP exclusive for the Wii.... wait a second.

 

Third party exclusive title being ignored by casual audience the in absent of any Nintendo paid ads featuring "Wii would like to pay"?? Is this really shocking?

Not as shocking as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Burnout paradise, and Tales of Vesperia falling at retail. But no one wants to talk about that.

 

Are you referring to the games that essentially got lost in translation amongst the big holiday lineup (Dead Space and ME), the game that has sold over a million amongst the HD consoles, and probably over a million alone on the PS3 due to it being a PSN title (Burnout), or the game that I openly admitted to failing at retail (ToV).

The only thing, under those conditions, that Mushroom Men is comprable to it ToV....there were no big releases around that game on the Wii...except maybe CoD: WaW (but nobody on the Wii bought that game)....and this game is definitely not a million seller. So, what're you getting at about "no one wants to talk about that"?

The reason games like Prince of Persia and Valkyria Chronicles do badly is because Gears 2, Fable 2, Resistance, LBP, CoD: WaW, Fallout 3, etc. completely surround it. What excuse do you have for MM doing badly?

 

Oh please, spare us the half-assed indignation. You don't have a Wii and even if you did you would have never touched this game. There's a 90% chance you never even heard of it until you saw this thread so don't come in here with some piss-poor interrogation like people have to "explain" why yet another gamecock game flopped when the only people putting weight on this game, a game they've NEVER discussed before, are Sony fanboys.

And no, the Vesperia comparison isn't valid because Mushroom Men isn't a big budget sequel to a long running franchise that got outsold by its Wii cousin on a smaller budget.

I know Sony is in a tight spot, but bearing your teeth at low profile Wii games is not going to save them.

ahh...assuming a little much, aren't you? I have a subscription to Game Informer and the latest issue has Mushroom Men in it. Claude assumption #1 = fail.

Vesperia IS comparable because Vesperia was released when no other big 360 game came out, such is the case with Mushroom Men. Claude assumption #2 = fail.

When did Sony "fanboys" make a ruckus about something like Haze failing at retail, or when Valkyria didn't do so hot? Never. This is a thread started by a Nintendo fan, asking why a game (that you yourself said was expected to bomb) bombed. Sony fans didn't bring it up, Nintendo fans did. Claude assumption #3 = fail.

 

ROFFLE! I said 90% chance. Reading it in Game Informer doesn't change the fact that you'd never make a thread about this game or cared about it one iota. Your reading comprehension = failed.

Vesperia IS a big 360 game, Mushroom Men is not. Your comparison = failed.

And why would Sony fanboys make a ruckus about their own games failing when they're notorious for bitching about games on other platforms? Haze was the upteenth game that was supposed to "save" the PS3 and start Sony domination, by that point everyone was use to failure on the PS3. If anything, you brought up a good point: why aren't Sony fanboys half as upset about PS3 games flopping left and right as they are about [random Wii game]'s sales?

Could it be because PS360 owners just aren't that interested in brands based on certain characters?

Certain chaarcters being anyone that's not a bald space marine? I wouldn't argue with that. 

 



Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@ClaudeLV250

Tell me one brand that is based on a "bald space marine character"? A brand which main selling point is the character. Not just a game where is a "bald space marine".



Around the Network

Could be a botched release. My store didn't even get it in stock until last week.



This is a rather lame thread. It's too early to predict that this game is a 'bomb'. Other games have had lousy 1st weeks and then grew and grew based on word of mouth.

Case in point: Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Wii version:

Region America Others Total
Total Sales 0.06m 0.02m 0.08m
Week 1 3,049 8,400 11,449
Week 2 4,324 11,280 15,604
Week 3 6,203 n/a 6,203
Week 4 7,165 n/a 7,165
Week 5 11,920 n/a 11,920
Week 6 26,673 n/a 26,673

And furthermore, who cares? Mushroom Men is a minor release at best.



 

Well it's hard to sell a new ip, especially when there is no advertising put into it.



arsenal009 said:
Well it's hard to sell a new ip, especially when there is no advertising put into it.

Especially considering the studio that released the game.

Gamecock have never had a huge game. The highest selling was Dementium: The Ward. These are the only ones that have even sold 10k

1 Dementium: The Ward Gamecock 1,394 7.32 0.12m 13th Aug 08
2 Legendary Gamecock 40 0.00 0.02m 11th Nov 08
3 Hail to the Chimp Gamecock 836 10.00 0.01m 14th May 08
4 Legendary Gamecock 17 0.00 0.01m 11th Nov 08


Gamerace said:
This is a rather lame thread. It's too early to predict that this game is a 'bomb'. Other games have had lousy 1st weeks and then grew and grew based on word of mouth.

Case in point: Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Wii version:

Region America Others Total
Total Sales 0.06m 0.02m 0.08m
Week 1 3,049 8,400 11,449
Week 2 4,324 11,280 15,604
Week 3 6,203 n/a 6,203
Week 4 7,165 n/a 7,165
Week 5 11,920 n/a 11,920
Week 6 26,673 n/a 26,673

And furthermore, who cares? Mushroom Men is a minor release at best.

 

lol?



And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive