**Credit to Alan (Outsider forums) for informing me
**Credit to EphemeralDream (NeoGAF) for being first to notice/post
**List has been updated with revisions. New features discouvered and added to the list***
Firmware 3.0 changes:
- The Wii now identifies itself to routers, where as before only the MAC address and or IP address were displayed; if at all (pointed out first by ddobson)
- News and Forecast Channel icons changed
- Digital Clock added to the Wii Menu right under the channel bar
- Forecast Channel now displays the current condition directly in the Wii Menu in the Forecast Channel box
- News Channel can now show 2 scrolling headlines at a time in the Wii Menu, 3 when you click on the button
- Message Board now has the "Today's Accomplishments" message as a white message which allows it to stand out from other messages
- Address Book entries can now be shifted around using A+B.
- Calendar in Message Board no longer shows "Today's Accomplishment"
- Scrolling messages in the Message Board now uses a different sound
- Disc slot glows blue briefly when a disc is inserted or ejected
- Support for USB keyboards has also been added
Wii Shop Channel
- New Welcome screen detailing 4 Recommended Titles and the points they cost. The title bar can be clicked on to bring up a list of 20 recommended games.
- Titles You've Downloaded was moved to the main shop menu
- New ways to browse
- Popular Titles
- Newest Additions remains the same
- Search for a title using partial names
- Search by Category
- Search by Publisher
- Search by Genre
- System shows the different game systems and how many titles have been released under each
Note from Shadow)OS
Ah, thanks for the clarification on the News Submition policy. Also, here are some sources:
It was sloppy of me to not include links in the first place; sorry.
By life end:
- Wii- 100 million+
- Xbox360- 35~40 million
- PS3- 30 million
- PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
- NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical) - FAILURE
- NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!