1) You're claiming to not be able to have an opinion on religion simply because you're an Athiest. That is not, nor has it ever been true. Anyone is free to discuss religion as long as they do so in a civil manner and without attempting to belittle people of other or no faith, either through hurtful words or imagery. The pictures you posted were clearly put there as bait for Christians. You claim you wanted an actual discussion, yet you didn't exactly lead with anything, and before you ask; No, posting two images, one of which is meant to mock a religion, is not how to start a discussion.
2) You say the burden of proof is on the side that makes the claim... well, yes, you're right, and the proof is in the pictures you've posted. I'm sorry but if you can't see how the second picture could upset Christians, but everyone else can, then that problem lies with YOU. You've now been told multiple times why it isn't acceptable, yet you're still here trying to argue that mocking other people should be.
3) If you're upset that our rules SHOULD allow you to mock other users based on their beliefs (Nowhere in that one post in that thread did you want an actual discussion) then maybe you should take your own over-dramatic dribble advice and "leave for both my sake and the vision and direction of the website." But honestly I don't see why you're dragging this further than it had to go, it was a simple reminder via warning not to post images that might offend people, then you played the victim card, then you got all dramatic about maybe leaving... just do whatever, but regardless of your decision, what you posted in that thread deserved a warning, and you know it.
1) I recognize that there are Atheist here and that they can exist. But I don't know to what extent we can talk about religion and the idea of a god without getting a warning.
Atheist are not victims here, honest discussions about religion, god, and the nature of reality from the perspective of Atheists may be, I don't know yet, I am here trying to figure this out.
The picture says: This holiday has a pagan origin.
The second picture says: The crucifixion is clearly not a bout a bunny laying eggs.
I disagree, I think that pictures can start a discussion, the problem is that not all arguments allow for a rebuttal. As is pointing out the pagan origin of Easter which a lot of people don't know.
2) Something tells me there is more space open for discussion with CGI regarding your second paragraph.
3) Erm, I know that the website will be fine without me. It has been for all those months of inaction I've had since I logged here. I guess I can read those instances I've written that I would leave this website depending on the policies regarding tackling religion and god from the Atheist perspective as dramatic, but my intention was not to appear a drama queen lol but to let you guys know how important is for me to be free to talk about the existence of the alleged being god when discussion about religion pop up.
Nope, I honestly don't know what part of those pictures is unacceptable for the Mod Team and tat is why I am here. Thankfully CGI is lending a hand. Whatever the Mod Team says goes, goes, I accept and don't pretend to be making any policies here. I just want to know what I must evade or know what I can't evade and know if I either can put myself in line with the vision of the website or realize that VGChartz isn't for me.
Well, know that being an Atheist isn't against the rules of the forum. You are free to practice whatever it is you believe in (or don't believe in). All we ask is that you keep things civil and avoid personal attacks (I'm not accusing you of anything like this by the way, it's just a 'the more you know' sort of thing). Now, to the pics, we'll start with this one:
Perhaps you could better explain here what you were after when posting it. Is it just to expose alleged Christian fallacies? Poke fun at Easter? At God? I'm just trying to understand. There was obviously some offense taken by that, and then...
So, elaborate a bit so people can try to understand, especially if it is a misunderstanding.
Thanks CGI, this is exactly what I have been asking for. Thanks for trying to break those pictures down so that we can discuss their meaning.
I know that it is ok to be Atheist in here, I know there are other Atheist here, but I don't know the extent and the manner in which we can talk about it and tackle claims about god and religion from the perspective of Atheists.
- First picture:
1) The thread was talking about Easter so I inserted the reminder that Easter has a pagan origin. I celebrate Xmas, so origins are no problem for me or should for anyone or would I claim there is a problem with Easter, beyond those who refuse to see it's pagan origin. I was doing a drop of information as I found that inserting this fact would let people who don't know about the pagan origin of Easter know about it. Specially when there is a refusal in some to recognize the influence from other cultures and traditions in this case in Christianity.
I could understand if the picture is borderline off-topic, and pretty much know that what you mods say goes, but I would make a case it belongs to a thread about Easter. lol
Is calling a deity Mr. Imaginary offensive? How can I say "god is not real but the product of creative imagination" without being offensive? It's like a lose lose situation when you discuss religion and god from an Atheist perspective. I understand that the Atheist position is confrontational, but how can there be no confrontation in competing ideas?
If you tell me that I can't call god "Mr. Imaginary" then I think that would be something concrete I can remind myself not to do. But I really don't know how I can say that the idea of a god has no place in reality and is the invention of human imagination without sounding offensive.
- Second picture:
1) There is absolutely no such quote in the bible about Jesus talking about a bunny laying eggs. lol That meme is to accentuate how the Easter tradition came from something else and makes kind of makes it obvious there is something that doesn't fit lol and to tie with the pagan origin of Eostre and her bunny fellow.
Edited to delete surplus quote boxes.