Quantcast
Locked: Best First-Person Shooters?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best First-Person Shooters?

Tagged games:

Best FPS series?

Battlefield 19 8.02%
 
BioShock 34 14.35%
 
Call of Duty 26 10.97%
 
Doom 14 5.91%
 
Far Cry 12 5.06%
 
Half-Life 22 9.28%
 
Halo 54 22.78%
 
Quake 9 3.80%
 
Unreal 3 1.27%
 
Other 44 18.57%
 
Total:237

I've always felt the best has been Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield



Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

How does Team Fortress 2 (X360/Orange Box) differ from the PC version?

Last I played there's a big different between the console versions and the PC.  Consoles were just the very basic with no support.  PC support was just overhelming and many new stuff.  TF2 on PC is the only version people should play, plus it's also free now/been free on Steam for awhile.

Cool, thanks! Installing now :)



Also, one of my favorite FPS games was Star Wars: Dark Forces

It's a Star Wars game no one ever talks about, but it's a great FPS gem!



Goodnightmoon said:

Doom, Half Life 2 and Bioshock for me.

Can we Include Metroid Prime as an adventure Shooter?

As much as I adore Metroid Prime, I may leave it out. I've always thought of it more as an action-adventure game.



Veknoid_Outcast said:
V-r0cK said:

Last I played there's a big different between the console versions and the PC.  Consoles were just the very basic with no support.  PC support was just overhelming and many new stuff.  TF2 on PC is the only version people should play, plus it's also free now/been free on Steam for awhile.

Cool, thanks! Installing now :)

Awesome! Have fun! :)



Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hey guys and gals! So I've been flirting with the idea of making a top 50 first-person shooters list for the site. I realize I've played a preposterous number of games from the genre over the last 24 years.

But I need your help.

I need your recommendations. What are your favorites? These can be big-name games or hidden gems; console, computer, or handheld titles; corridor shooters (e.g. Doom, Quake), arena shooters (e.g. Unreal Tournament, Quake III), military shooters (e.g. Call of Duty, Killzone), open-world shooters (e.g. Far Cry, Crysis), or tactical shooters (Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon), etc.

Make your voices heard!

 

Edit:

Games to play:
Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike
Rainbox Six 3
Dark Forces

I played the crap out of rainbow 6 in the late 90's via PC.  Damn that was fun. 

No redneck rampage?



l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

 

 

 

 

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I have too many fps games, however i'm currently playing only 5 games, it's Half-Life 1, Doom 2, Quake 1, Duke Nukem 3D & Unreal, these are my ADDICTED fps games of lifetime due to custom maps & mods.

I'll name you some gems. Prey, Powerslave(Exhumed), Outlaw, FEAR, Aliens Vs Predator(2000), Alien Trilogy, Alien Resurrection, No One Lives Forever, TimeShift, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Kingpin, SiN, Brothers In Arms, System Shock....



Battletag: Quakecore89#1866 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PCs: -PC 2017(Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GeForce RTX 2060 6GB/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

Hm. I guess it greatly depends on what you call a "First Person Shooter". Most of the games on my list offer melee options, though I rarely play that style. Even in Skyrim, I was mainly stealth/bows.

1 Fallout
2 Borderlands
3 Far Cry
4 Deus Ex (haven't played the new one, though)
5 BioShock



QUAKECore89 said:

I have too many fps games, however i'm currently playing only 5 games, it's Half-Life 1, Doom 2, Quake 1, Duke Nukem 3D & Unreal, these are my ADDICTED fps games of lifetime due to custom maps & mods.

I'll name you some gems. Prey, Powerslave(Exhumed), Outlaw, FEAR, Aliens Vs Predator(2000), Alien Trilogy, Alien Resurrection, No One Lives Forever, TimeShift, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Kingpin, SiN, Brothers In Arms, System Shock....

This is super helpful. I've played Prey and FEAR (all three of them!), but not the Alien games. I just added the 2000 Aliens vs. Predator and Redneck Rampage to my GOG wishlist. I purchased Outlaw on sale a few months back, so I'll move that up my queue.



pokoko said:
Hm. I guess it greatly depends on what you call a "First Person Shooter". Most of the games on my list offer melee options, though I rarely play that style. Even in Skyrim, I was mainly stealth/bows.

1 Fallout
2 Borderlands
3 Far Cry
4 Deus Ex (haven't played the new one, though)
5 BioShock

Thanks! BioShock and Far Cry will definitely make the list :)