Quantcast
Aldro - The Order: 1886 REVIEW (Spoiler FREE)

Forums - Sony Discussion - Aldro - The Order: 1886 REVIEW (Spoiler FREE)

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
Aldro said:

>bolded, No. They did not count toward the overall score of Great. I said in my opening paragraph that the game lives and dies with its story, and the story was Incredible. That was the main attraction. But yes, the graphics and sound help greatly to sell the story. Telltales game also have what I consider even worse gameplay than The Order so your argument fails in my eyes. Telltale also tells a fantastic story but it is a prime example of where graphics/sound isnt needed because in reality, a well told and written story CAN infact carry an entire game.

Well I agree some of this. Its a game that people will probably appreciate for story and setting. I honestly don't think great visuals are the primary reason people will want The Order. People will buy The Order hoping for a good shooter.

Maybe the developers didn't know what they wanted to make. They wanted to tell a story like Quantic Dreams or Telltale... but there is more money shooters.

Maybe Sony should have been forthright about what kind of game The Order is. Sony got people excited for a shooter but disappointed them.

It sounds like you enjoyed the story, but the critics seem to have mixed feelings on execution.

Absolutely! The plot itself is very intruiging and the graphics/sound helped sell me on a story that I found to be overall incredible. I cannot explain without spoiling it however. The execution worked for me but I realize that I am in the minority in terms of critics. I am praying for future sequels nonetheless.



Around the Network

Really well done Review :) Thanks for keeping it Spoiler Free!



thisismytag said:
Really well done Review :) Thanks for keeping it Spoiler Free!

Just saw this post xD Thanks, glad you liked it!



Seems about right considering what I've seen from the game. Aldro, how's things.

I give you a 9.9-10 for your review, cause VGC don't give 10's. Really great read bro.



I thought it started slow, and feared I would like it much, but by the half way point I was loving it and didn't want it to end. Especially loved the weapons - carbonite rifle and the gun that blows people back. I want to play it more just to use the weapons.
That said, the lasting appeal is weak, so I'll probably sell it. If I knew there was DLC coming I would keep it, but it hasn't been announced.
Still I'm really happy with it, glad I bought it and played it. Definitely worth my time.



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Seems about right considering what I've seen from the game. Aldro, how's things.

I give you a 9.9-10 for your review, cause VGC don't give 10's. Really great read bro.

Naww thanks <3

 

It's all good, just a lot of studies ;_;

HYPE AS HELL for MGS5 and UC4 though <3 :D



I bought this game on Saturday. I don't regret it. Only managed to get in about 45 mins, though. Hope I like it as much as you did!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

d21lewis said:
I bought this game on Saturday. I don't regret it. Only managed to get in about 45 mins, though. Hope I like it as much as you did!

Enjoy it for what it is :) Awesome atmosphere, plot, music, cinematography and narrative!



Far from finishing the game but I'm really enjoying it so far. Feels very good and graphically on par with Ryse. My gf watched me play and she was amazed by what video games have become. Worst game boobs I'd ever seen, though. Like they were made of wood.



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

d21lewis said:

Far from finishing the game but I'm really enjoying it so far. Feels very good and graphically on par with Ryse. My gf watched me play and she was amazed by what video games have become. Worst game boobs I'd ever seen, though. Like they were made of wood.

All knights to arms!

Im replaying it :D