Quantcast
Prepare for bad numbers in NPD guys. Nintendo did Earthbound today and a mini direct for a reason.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prepare for bad numbers in NPD guys. Nintendo did Earthbound today and a mini direct for a reason.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Gamegears said:
What are we talking about?? Going by Wii U numbers in Japan alone this week.. it sold 22 almost 23 K there... and going on average of about 7-8 K in Europe.. and 10 K in Americas.. I am seeing somewhere between 40-45 K total sales.. that is far from the worst... actually all things considering.. that is good really.. almost twice the numbers.. so explain why you fear te worse on that front..


I believe NPD only covers America, and I also believe this one is for the month of June. Also, lol @ your signature! :D


Oh I see.. my fault... but.. well I guess... if you go by averages.. it depends on what you think the worst is.. if it sells 9-10 K that is about average.. for a week.. so about.. what.. 36-40 K for a month would be average... not the worst... and I expect numbers in that area.. anything better.. would be.. well better.. LOL.. it would be hard to say it's worse.. smiles.. and thank you.. 



Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network

Nintendo is in first place, they don't have to hide anything



Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Viper1 said:
Otakumegane said:

Similar to the Jan direct, I think the direct and the Earthbound release is trying to appease the current WiiU owners and kinda try to mask the terribad NPD numbers.

I am expecting the worst.


I don't think Nintendo plans months in advance their development schedule, release schedule, Nintendo Direct filming process and publication just to mask sales news that are only relevant to 0.1% of their market.

0.1% of consumers, perhaps, but more relevant to investors and business partners. A reminder of what is coming could do good to rally such people.



Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Can only go up!

Speaking of sales, that discount on Pikmin 3 and W101 is really good!



DélioPT said:
Can only go up!

Speaking of sales, that discount on Pikmin 3 and W101 is really good!


Wait, what discount? Even though I don't have a Wii U yet, I'd still get Pikmin 3 now if it's at a discounted price. It'll probably be ages before the price ever drops again afterall.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
DélioPT said:
Can only go up!

Speaking of sales, that discount on Pikmin 3 and W101 is really good!


Wait, what discount? Even though I don't have a Wii U yet, I'd still get Pikmin 3 now if it's at a discounted price. It'll probably be ages before the price ever drops again afterall.


You get a 30% discount (limited time offer) on W101 if you buy both digitally.

It was on the Mini ND today. Didn`t see it?



DélioPT said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
DélioPT said:
Can only go up!

Speaking of sales, that discount on Pikmin 3 and W101 is really good!


Wait, what discount? Even though I don't have a Wii U yet, I'd still get Pikmin 3 now if it's at a discounted price. It'll probably be ages before the price ever drops again afterall.


You get a 30% discount (limited time offer) on W101 if you buy both digitally.

It was on the Mini ND today. Didn`t see it?



Oh, I must have missed/skipped/forgot about it somehow. That's a good deal, but it doesn't work for me. D:

Thank you for the warning. I have no properly prepared for the reveal of the NPD numbers by doing nothing.



Mr Khan said:
Viper1 said:
Otakumegane said:

Similar to the Jan direct, I think the direct and the Earthbound release is trying to appease the current WiiU owners and kinda try to mask the terribad NPD numbers.

I am expecting the worst.


I don't think Nintendo plans months in advance their development schedule, release schedule, Nintendo Direct filming process and publication just to mask sales news that are only relevant to 0.1% of their market.

0.1% of consumers, perhaps, but more relevant to investors and business partners. A reminder of what is coming could do good to rally such people.

True but who are Nintendo Direct's aimed at?  Consumers.   So it wouldn't make sense to try to mask sales news to investors via a communications medium aimed at consumers.

Besides, investors will have this information in their inbox at or before the time of release anyway.   Can't really mask something that is going to be given directly to them in the first place.



The rEVOLution is not being televised

Eh, I think they did a mini direct because it's been over a month since E3 and in a couple weeks their next 2 major first-party releases come out for Wii U and 3DS (Pikmin 3, Mario & Luigi). It was time for an update and Earthbound for many is kinda like a nice reward. It's like they're saying, "You've waited all this time...the drought is almost over...here, this should tide you over for the last two weeks."

My only concern stemming from this Mini Direct is that Wii Fit U and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics weren't mentioned as Wii U titles coming this year...even though at/around E3 BOTH were on Nintendo's investor slides as titles coming in November (Olympics) and December (Wii Fit U). I realize both are "casual" titles...but I personally am definitely getting Wii Fit U and am considering the Olympic game since its now in HD AND they're using MotionPlus. I was hoping both were still coming this year, but I wonder if their absence means they won't be released until early 2014? The Olympics would probably make sense for like February...cause the Olympics will be going on around that time...but I think they'd be missing out on Holiday sales and so it wouldn't be that great from a business standpoint. Wii Fit U I would still think they'd wanna get out before Christmas as its a title that will appeal to a completely different consumer than almost ANY of the other games. Plus that way it'd be out before everyone makes their New Year's Resolutions. Guess maybe it depends on whether anything other than Mario Kart 8 will be ready for the Spring. If Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, X, and Smash Bros. all wind up being 2nd half 2014 titles, then they probably would NEED to move a couple titles like Wii Fit U and the Olympics into the 1st half of 2014 just to avoid any more multiple month droughts. Guess we'll have to wait and see.



Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)