Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My one biggest Wii-U complaint.

I wish they had put stronger attenaes on the console.  That way I could go farther away from the console with my controller. I'd love to be able to keep the console in my living room and walk to my bedroom upstairs and still play it.  



Around the Network

Dumbest thing I've read on this site by far.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan



Yeah, that was what Shane Satterfield (Editor in Chief of GameTrailers) was complaining about in previous IW - major problem with reception when he turns around corner in his flat (though he pointed out his walls are pretty thick)

alastor@where said:
Dumbest thing I've read on this site by far.

huh? why is that in any way dumb? one of the selling points of the system is that you dont need to use the tv to play it and use the controller instead. so if he is in the living room playing and somebody wants to use to tv, he cant go to his room and continue playing he has to stay very close to the console



Bet With Zero: He says WiiU and XB1 gap will be higher than 1.9M by end of 2014, i say it will grow smaller or vanish. 

Bet with Pezus: i win if Watch dogs sells more on PS3+360  than on next gen PS4 + Xbox One. winner gets 1 month sig control

Bet With JoeTheBro: He says WiiU in Jan 2013 > XB1 Jan 2014, i say the opposite.

errorpwns said:

I wish they had put stronger attenaes on the console.  That way I could go farther away from the console with my controller. I'd love to be able to keep the console in my living room and walk to my bedroom upstairs and still play it.  

That would be pretty cool :) But I think Nintendo wants the Wii U to be an inclusive, living-room-oriented console. So moving farther and farther away from the living room undermines its utility as a shared experience. Plus you've got a 3DS or Vita for that :P



Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
errorpwns said:

I wish they had put stronger attenaes on the console.  That way I could go farther away from the console with my controller. I'd love to be able to keep the console in my living room and walk to my bedroom upstairs and still play it.  

That would be pretty cool :) But I think Nintendo wants the Wii U to be an inclusive, living-room-oriented console. So moving farther and farther away from the living room undermines its utility as a shared experience. Plus you've got a 3DS or Vita for that :P


No, it's about being cost effective. That was also the reasoning for the no HDD in the console. They want the console to be as cheap as possible because Nintendo while releasing a new generation, they know they are competing with the 360 and PS3.



Pesmerga7551 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
errorpwns said:

I wish they had put stronger attenaes on the console.  That way I could go farther away from the console with my controller. I'd love to be able to keep the console in my living room and walk to my bedroom upstairs and still play it.  

That would be pretty cool :) But I think Nintendo wants the Wii U to be an inclusive, living-room-oriented console. So moving farther and farther away from the living room undermines its utility as a shared experience. Plus you've got a 3DS or Vita for that :P


No, it's about being cost effective. That was also the reasoning for the no HDD in the console. They want the console to be as cheap as possible because Nintendo while releasing a new generation, they know they are competing with the 360 and PS3.

I think we can allow for explanations having to do with a whole range of issues: design philosophy; cost effectiveness; strength of competition, etc.



I don't think your HDMI input has to be plugged in in order for you to play it on your gamepad. That's what I got from Polygon anyway. If you really want to play in your room, maybe you can rearrange to make your Wii U console reach?

blackstarr said:
I don't think your HDMI input has to be plugged in in order for you to play it on your gamepad. That's what I got from Polygon anyway. If you really want to play in your room, maybe you can rearrange to make your Wii U console reach?


but why should he have to do that anyway?? What happened to i can take it out my living room and into my room talk, fans have been saying for months?



Around the Network
Do you think it would be possible for them to make some sort of usb antennae or something to increase the range? My bedroom is on the second floor of the house and the living room is downstairs. I love the console so far, and just watched some football while playing black ops 2. I don't think my complaint is too terrible. I'm not going to sell my console over it. Was just a little disappointed I guess is all.