Quantcast
Tupac (2PAC) appears at Coachella 2012!

Forums - Music Discussion - Tupac (2PAC) appears at Coachella 2012!

Musicians become more independent in the internet age, so therefore record companies resurrect old stars that they have total control over. Next stop is to create pure hologram stars that can always tow the line.



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

That was pretty sweet! I'd definitely pay to see the same technology used for a 'Queen' concert with Freddie Mercury. Elvis Presley would be amazing aswell.



TrevDaRev said:
That was pretty sweet! I'd definitely pay to see the same technology used for a 'Queen' concert with Freddie Mercury. Elvis Presley would be amazing aswell.



Fat and skinny Elvis duet........



I am the Playstation Avenger.

   

From what I read, it looks like they had only used one projector in concert, which probably limited the viewing angle ... Also, correct me if I'm wrong..., somebody said it only costed Dr Dre half a million? which I imagine is why the hologram is also somewhat transparent (around 3+ minutes into it), and not completely clear

Imagine if millions were spent, and spent more time rendering the image(s), and have more than one projectors, so that it's in full 3D
Damn, that'd be intense.

Like I said earlier, I hope to live long enough for a "Holodeck" gaming experience. In Mutiplayer, we can literally blast each other! or, actually, our Avatars!

EDIT: Aww, I'm disappointed. The technology isn't even remotely close to holographic projections (Holodeck) as I thought it was



A gamer of SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GB Pocket, GBA, GBA-SP, DS, 3DS, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Casually a PC or Steam gamer & Smartphone

“Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing; for those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else.” - A quote I read somewhere online.

PSwii60 said:

Like I said earlier, I hope to live long enough for a "Holodeck" gaming experience. In Mutiplayer, we can literally blast each other! or, actually, our Avatars!

yuuup. However, I'm more interested in the ... uh... more sensual experiences. 



Around the Network
superchunk said:
PSwii60 said:

Like I said earlier, I hope to live long enough for a "Holodeck" gaming experience. In Mutiplayer, we can literally blast each other! or, actually, our Avatars!

yuuup. However, I'm more interested in the ... uh... more sensual experiences. 

LOL! yeah, that coupled with infrared for a complete interactive experience



A gamer of SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GB Pocket, GBA, GBA-SP, DS, 3DS, PS, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, Casually a PC or Steam gamer & Smartphone

“Excuses are tools of the incompetent used to build monuments to nothing; for those who specialize in them shall never be good at anything else.” - A quote I read somewhere online.

Japan have been doing similar concerts like this for a while now haven't they? Probably just me but I find it a little unsettling, especially if I saw a Freddie Mercury hologram at some form of fan performed Queen concert.



   Actually it was not a real hologram, just a 3D model of Tupac made by Digital Domain projected on a glass panel in a classical optical illusion technique called Peper's ghost. I think Hatsune Miku and X Japan's hide in Art of Life were real holograms(hide footage taken from old Art of Life concert).


   I think they are walking on a very thin line here. While it's ok to make this a one time only thing as a tribute to dead legend, making regular concerts and tours with dead people's holograms is very unethical and disgusting even. It's just milking money from the fame of a dead person. I understand that show business was making this for decades(if not centuries) with selling after death albums and merchandise, but showing hologram mimicking dead person for entertainment of a crowd is taking it too far IMO.



That alone makes me sad! Tupac the G.O.A.T.



 

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Lazlo23 said:

   Actually it was not a real hologram, just a 3D model of Tupac made by Digital Domain projected on a glass panel in a classical optical illusion technique called Peper's ghost. I think Hatsune Miku and X Japan's hide in Art of Life were real holograms(hide footage taken from old Art of Life concert).


   I think they are walking on a very thin line here. While it's ok to make this a one time only thing as a tribute to dead legend, making regular concerts and tours with dead people's holograms is very unethical and disgusting even. It's just milking money from the fame of a dead person. I understand that show business was making this for decades(if not centuries) with selling after death albums and merchandise, but showing hologram mimicking dead person for entertainment of a crowd is taking it too far IMO.


They would have gotten away with it, too.  If it wasn't for that meddling Lazlo23!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!