Quantcast
Which Controller Is Better, The Latest PS3 Controller or the Latest Xbox 360 Controller?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Controller Is Better, The Latest PS3 Controller or the Latest Xbox 360 Controller?

Which Controller is better?

The PS3 Controller 110 42.15%
 
The Xbox 360 Controller 108 41.38%
 
See Results 42 16.09%
 
Total:260

I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the xbox 360 controller for everything (including fighting games). The circular nature of the 360 d-pad is actually more appropriate for pulling off certain moves in fighting games. 

Also the 360 d-pad has actually been fixed. I'm not talking about the more expensive new controllers I'm talking about any standard xbox controller made after 2009. There was an issue with responsiveness thats pretty much been resolved. I used to think it was just a bad design but there is nothing really wrong with the circular design it was just a wierd issue that old controllers had. My current controller responds perfectly. When I press right it goes right, etc.



Around the Network
The Fury said:

PS3 controller. Analog sticks are aligned (symmetrical) instead of ...whatever the 360 one is. 


Thats probably the worst thing about the PS3 controller, its why you see so many third party controllers for PS3 giving you the option to change that.

Symmetrical analog sticks made sense back in the 2d era and back when platformers were the number one genre.  Back then most people used the d-pad and face buttons for most games. In this day and age it no longer makes sense. The inputs you use the most should be in the primary position. Left stick and face buttons are the most used inputs for most games, the 360 got it right by putting them in the primary position.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered buying a PS3 if not for the third party controllers and adapters. I gave my dualshock away.

 

 



Zlejedi said:
Logitech Cordless Action PS2 pad.



It was perfect as it was slightly bigger than PS2 dual shock.

I hate triggers on current gen pads, and i don't like swapped d-pad/analog on X360 pad.

Best controller I ever owned.



I am the Playstation Avenger.

   

wilco said:
The Fury said:

PS3 controller. Analog sticks are aligned (symmetrical) instead of ...whatever the 360 one is. 


Thats probably the worst thing about the PS3 controller, its why you see so many third party controllers for PS3 giving you the option to change that.

Symmetrical analog sticks made sense back in the 2d era and back when platformers were the number one genre.  Back then most people used the d-pad and face buttons for most games. In this day and age it no longer makes sense. The inputs you use the most should be in the primary position. Left stick and face buttons are the most used inputs for most games, the 360 got it right by putting them in the primary position.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered buying a PS3 if not for the third party controllers and adapters. I gave my dualshock away.

 

 





 

Pjams said:
wilco said:
The Fury said:

PS3 controller. Analog sticks are aligned (symmetrical) instead of ...whatever the 360 one is. 


Thats probably the worst thing about the PS3 controller, its why you see so many third party controllers for PS3 giving you the option to change that.

Symmetrical analog sticks made sense back in the 2d era and back when platformers were the number one genre.  Back then most people used the d-pad and face buttons for most games. In this day and age it no longer makes sense. The inputs you use the most should be in the primary position. Left stick and face buttons are the most used inputs for most games, the 360 got it right by putting them in the primary position.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered buying a PS3 if not for the third party controllers and adapters. I gave my dualshock away.

 

 


I just bought a brand new 360 and trust me, the d-pad a'int fixed. Since you can't quite come to grips with some basic truths, your entire argument becomes suspect, even if I do agree with some of it. You do realize that the default controller that comes with a new PS3 is wireless. 

The blind leading the blind

Have you owned an older 360 controller? Trust me its much better than before. Get a 360 controller from 2005-2007 and compare its d-pad to the new ones. It is very much improved. Whether or not you like the current d-pad is opinion. Changes were made and thats a fact. I believe it first happened in 2008 with european xbox controllers, you can look it up.

Yes I know that the default controller is a wireless dualshock, I'm simply saying that if third party options did not exist I would not have bought a PS3. I bought a ps3 that came with a dualshock. Within a week I bought an adapter and gave away the dualshock.



Around the Network
wilco said:

I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the xbox 360 controller for everything (including fighting games). The circular nature of the 360 d-pad is actually more appropriate for pulling off certain moves in fighting games. 

Also the 360 d-pad has actually been fixed. I'm not talking about the more expensive new controllers I'm talking about any standard xbox controller made after 2009. There was an issue with responsiveness thats pretty much been resolved. I used to think it was just a bad design but there is nothing really wrong with the circular design it was just a wierd issue that old controllers had. My current controller responds perfectly. When I press right it goes right, etc.


I just bought a brand new 360 and trust me, the d-pad a'int fixed. Trying to switch between weapons in Fallout 3 while you're geting your ass kicked, and you can't select the right fucking weapon, should be enough to shut all of the sycophants up. But it isn't, I'm sure.

You do realize that the controller that came with my shiny new 360 is not wireless, no, if I want that, I have to pay extra. So STFU, just the fact that the PS3 comes with a wireless controller is enough for a win. I fucking hate the nickel and dime job that all of the xbox fanboys are so eager to buy into. PS3 owners probably don't realize this but not only did I pay for a 12 month subscription to access the internet, something I already pay for, there are actually commericals on the 360! MS sells advertising space on the 360!



 

Pjams said:
wilco said:

I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the xbox 360 controller for everything (including fighting games). The circular nature of the 360 d-pad is actually more appropriate for pulling off certain moves in fighting games. 

Also the 360 d-pad has actually been fixed. I'm not talking about the more expensive new controllers I'm talking about any standard xbox controller made after 2009. There was an issue with responsiveness thats pretty much been resolved. I used to think it was just a bad design but there is nothing really wrong with the circular design it was just a wierd issue that old controllers had. My current controller responds perfectly. When I press right it goes right, etc.

 

I just bought a brand new 360 and trust me, the d-pad a'int fixed. Trying to switch between weapons in Fallout 3 while you're geting your ass kicked, and you can't select the right fucking weapon, should be enough to shut all of the sycophants up. But it isn't, I'm sure.

 

You do realize that the controller that came with my shiny new 360 is not wireless, no, if I want that, I have to pay extra. So STFU, just the fact that the PS3 comes with a wireless controller is enough for a win. I fucking hate the nickel and dime job that all of the xbox fanboys are so eager to buy into. PS3 owners probably don't realize this but not only did I pay for a 12 month subscription to access the internet, something I already pay for, there are actually commericals on the 360! MS sells advertising space on the 360!

First of all... calm the hell down. Don't take your anger at MS out on me. I don't like microsoft either but they make a better controller (IMO) and I'm not going to deny that fact just because they are greedy corporate pigs. 

Second... I don't know where you bought you're 360 from but I haven't seen a 360 with a wired controller for years. Do you live in the US?? As far as I know all brand new 360's in the US come with wireless controllers.

Finally this topic is not about which company you hate more, its about which system has the better controller. This seems to be the running theme with any discussions about sony vs microsoft. Most people just can't view these things objectively. 



Without a doubt the Duel Shock 3 for me. Try playing 6hrs straight with the DS3 and the 360's controller, too and see which one is more uncomfortable in the end. Sure shooters are a bit better with the 360's triggers, but over all the DS3 is much more balanced.

I think many who mainly play 360 prefer the 360s due to familiarity.



Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

kowenicki said:
360 by some distance. The triggers on the ds3 are a disaster and it feels too light and flimsy.


Definitely agree on the triggers, and on the whole the 360 controller is a lot more comfortable, but I really like the lightness of the PS3 controller (I actually prefer Sixaxis to DS3 for precisely this reason).



If the 360 controller had the Sega Saturn D-pad, it would be the best controller ever made. But as it is, that Logitech PS2 controller is the best. For the sake of this topic, the 360 controller is better. I never liked the sunk in D-pad of the PS controllers, it just feels too stiff for me. That's why I love the Logitech controller so much. DS3 triggers are horrible.







VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence