Quantcast
Batman Arkham Asylum on 360 read the OP

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Batman Arkham Asylum on 360 read the OP

There are several 360 games that support stereoscopic 3D, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops and Crysis 2, going back to Avatar (which I believe was the first).  As others have mentioned, it's not something Microsoft is pushing, but it's not like they won't allow people to do it.

http://www.3dtested.com/3d-xbox-360-games-list/



Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
PullusPardus said:

its the Red-Blue 3D, its the same thing they use on Minecraft and the very old Sega 3D games, not the "Real" 3D


its stupid, the have to finally admit its here, they might be waiting for the non glasses 3d tvs to come mainstream before jumping on board maybe?

They do support it. Thats why there are multiple games in 3d on the 360. Why bother pitching it as a selling point? how many people do you know with a 3d tv? I only know one and its a friend of my bro and he doesn't play games. I still know so many people who don't have and hd tv. Not too mention even on the ps3 3d games a graphic hit. I think next gen would be better for them to support 3d. There are no 3d standards yet. better to let 3d mature a little bit and hit it when its ready.



Its the Red-Cyan 3D, not the new 3D/ There were Red-Cyan 3D games on PS1 too. And just to clarify, the PS3 version also has the Red-Cyan 3D so its no different.



I was under the impression 360 was capable of the same kind of 3D that ps3 has, not sure if they actually have it on their system yet with games, I think the red and blue thing makes sense I believe the ps3 version has proper 3D



dark_desires said:

I was under the impression 360 was capable of the same kind of 3D that ps3 has, not sure if they actually have it on their system yet with games, I think the red and blue thing makes sense I believe the ps3 version has proper 3D

Did you read the thread?  There are "true" 3D-capable games on 360 already, just not nearly as many as there are on PS3.  Neither console version of Arkham Asylum supports "true" 3D, but the PC version does.



Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
thranx said:

They do support it. Thats why there are multiple games in 3d on the 360. Why bother pitching it as a selling point? how many people do you know with a 3d tv? I only know one and its a friend of my bro and he doesn't play games. I still know so many people who don't have and hd tv. Not too mention even on the ps3 3d games a graphic hit. I think next gen would be better for them to support 3d. There are no 3d standards yet. better to let 3d mature a little bit and hit it when its ready.


It doesnt matter how many people have 3d tvs that is not the issue, what the issue is, is that one side is promoting a feature both have and the other isnt... its kinda stupid on ms' side imo



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
thranx said:

They do support it. Thats why there are multiple games in 3d on the 360. Why bother pitching it as a selling point? how many people do you know with a 3d tv? I only know one and its a friend of my bro and he doesn't play games. I still know so many people who don't have and hd tv. Not too mention even on the ps3 3d games a graphic hit. I think next gen would be better for them to support 3d. There are no 3d standards yet. better to let 3d mature a little bit and hit it when its ready.


It doesnt matter how many people have 3d tvs that is not the issue, what the issue is, is that one side is promoting a feature both have and the other isnt... its kinda stupid on ms' side imo

There is a difference between not supporting 3D and not advertising 3D. Only reason Sony shouts it supports 3D at every possible opportunity is because they are a TV manufacturer. They are hoping that by advertising 3D they will get not only more PS3 sales but ultimately more 3DTV sales. If you want to know if Xbox 360 supports 3D or what games support do some research online.  Some 3rd party games can play in 3D on X360 but Microsoft does not personally have any. That is a very likely reason why they don`t say anything on it either. There simply is not enough households with people that own 3dTV`s and since Microsoft (unlike Sony), is not in the TV manufacturing business, their interest in 3D is slim to nill. It really isn`t hard to see why they don`t do what Sony is doing.



 How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

 Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:

There is a difference between not supporting 3D and not advertising 3D. Only reason Sony shouts it supports 3D at every possible opportunity is because they are a TV manufacturer. They are hoping that by advertising 3D they will get not only more PS3 sales but ultimately more 3DTV sales. If you want to know if Xbox 360 supports 3D or what games support do some research online.  Some 3rd party games can play in 3D on X360 but Microsoft does not personally have any. That is a very likely reason why they don`t say anything on it either. There simply is not enough households with people that own 3dTV`s and since Microsoft (unlike Sony), is not in the TV manufacturing business, their interest in 3D is slim to nill. It really isn`t hard to see why they don`t do what Sony is doing.

I dont think them being a TV manufactorer is the only reason, people with a new 3D tv want to test it. So they find things that do, the only ones that obviously mention it is Sony PS3 games and or Blu-ray movies so they choice the PS3 as a good option. 

As far as I read Microsoft didn't want to support 3D initially in case it was a fad or something but the Fable III on pc says they might have changed their mind. 

Also with the Tv deals etc if MS and Samsung get together and do a joint advertisement I am sure it would be successful and worth it for both companies. 



 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
thranx said:

They do support it. Thats why there are multiple games in 3d on the 360. Why bother pitching it as a selling point? how many people do you know with a 3d tv? I only know one and its a friend of my bro and he doesn't play games. I still know so many people who don't have and hd tv. Not too mention even on the ps3 3d games a graphic hit. I think next gen would be better for them to support 3d. There are no 3d standards yet. better to let 3d mature a little bit and hit it when its ready.


It doesnt matter how many people have 3d tvs that is not the issue, what the issue is, is that one side is promoting a feature both have and the other isnt... its kinda stupid on ms' side imo


it does matter. Advertising is not free. You also do not want to over confuse your fanbase. Fact is not many people care about 3d sorry.



LordMatrix i think u got it wrong, MS should use 3D capabilities as another feature of the 360...that way selling more 360's...it has nothing to do with tv's. Personally i think the main reason MS dont advertise 3D is because they dont really have a 3D software library....where as the ps3 does. Oh and they dont have blueray :P

But i  also agree with u, in that 3D is not something they need to focus on, so many people dont even have HD tv's yet.



Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|