Quantcast
360 been out a year longer than ps3...

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 been out a year longer than ps3...

...so if we were to adjust sales for comparable time on the market, which console has sold more? I have been wondering this for a while. seems odd that I havent scene this on the forums before. any info would be great.



Around the Network

because this point is boring and no Sony friends satisfied this,they want actally outsold



Boring? I think it is relevant, if you had a 100 mile car race and let one of the cars have a 20 mile head start, and then say that car is winning the race. They are probably about even, but who cares, they have both won really, they are both selling well. 



The gap is less then the yearly total sales (ps3, 360) so there's your answer.

There have been many threads with launch aligned graphs in the past. But who cares about 2nd and 3rd place in a race with first place way out ahead :)



" But who cares about 2nd and 3rd place in a race with first place way out ahead :)"

All the ones who had to hear again and again that the one on 3rd place never will catch the one on second place;..



 

Around the Network


raygun said:

Boring? I think it is relevant, if you had a 100 mile car race and let one of the cars have a 20 mile head start, and then say that car is winning the race. They are probably about even, but who cares, they have both won really, they are both selling well.

Well it's irrelevant taking into the account that one car has already finished the race whilst two are still competing. I do agree about both winning part, PS3 sales are picking up and X360 sales have doubled it's predecessor so not much bother.



Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

monsterone said:

...so if we were to adjust sales for comparable time on the market, which console has sold more? I have been wondering this for a while. seems odd that I havent scene this on the forums before. any info would be great.


its boring (been discussed a bazillion times)

irrelevant (an install base is an install base)

and bloody easy to work out.....

so why start a thread to ask?



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


There is a year difference between the HD consoles and fanboys seem to completely disregard that. On a time from launch basis the PS3 is beating the 360 by a good margin.



Wagram said:

There is a year difference between the HD consoles and fanboys seem to completely disregard that. On a time from launch basis the PS3 is beating the 360 by a good margin.

It is 1.5 million ahead.  I suppose that's a good margin though it's no longer gaining any more ground.



The rEVOLution is not being televised