Quantcast
So after God of War 3, how much do you think Gran Turismo 5 will do?

Forums - Sony Discussion - So after God of War 3, how much do you think Gran Turismo 5 will do?

So after God of War 3, how much do you think Gran Turismo 5 will do?

1 - 2 M 15 6.98%
 
2 - 3 M 37 17.21%
 
3 - 4 M 35 16.28%
 
4- 5 M 30 13.95%
 
5 -6 M (Almost Unrealistic) 98 45.58%
 
Total:215

I seemed to have skimmed past that part of the OP.

I would say looking at GT3 as it was the first GT game on the PS2 and GT5 will be the first on the PS3 it will go around 2-3 million first month easily.



Around the Network

I'd say 6M+ isn't being unrealistic at all.

GT is the biggest franchise on PS3, it's the reason a lot of people bought (and will buy) a PS3, me included.  The same way people buy a 360 for Halo.

Prologue has sold nearly 5M and that's just a demo of the full game!

Unlike GOWIII it has online multiplayer, so it will have plenty of replay value and won't be effected by second-hand sales syndrome.

 

GT5 will be epic!  there will be no stopping this game!!

 

Edit:  Woops, just noticed that it's just for the first month, disregard my post.  I feel silly   



The dude abides   

You know what's going to be hilarious, when it sells more than Halo 3, then *certain people* will be speechless.

But first month, I think it could go way over 2m, I'd say 3-4m, actually, it depends what time of the month, if it's in the first two weeks, definitely 3-4m, however, in the last 2 weeks, 2-3m...



Gran Turismo 5 Prologue has sold 4.6 mil according to PD (up to december 2009)
Its an overpriced demo so i think PD definitely have profited already.
Gran Turismo will have to sell at least 5 million to match with the other main game titles as
all of the main game titles sold 10 million and above except for Gran Turismo 2



Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

 


5million first month, 13 million lifetime.



Around the Network

How much do you think NASCAR, Damage and Online can add to the NA sales if it really advertised? especially the NASCAR aspect



jbrist said:
You know what's going to be hilarious, when it sells more than Halo 3, then *certain people* will be speechless.

But first month, I think it could go way over 2m, I'd say 3-4m, actually, it depends what time of the month, if it's in the first two weeks, definitely 3-4m, however, in the last 2 weeks, 2-3m...

I hate that about the PS3...



 

I always wonder why people spout such huge figures for gt5. Its obviously going to do well, no one is doubting that. Million+ first week is pretty certain, but "13 mill lifetime" or "gt3 spec numbers lifetime". NO WAY will it do those kind of huge numbers in the 2-4 years the ps3 has left.



headshot91 said:
I always wonder why people spout such huge figures for gt5. Its obviously going to do well, no one is doubting that. Million+ first week is pretty certain, but "13 mill lifetime" or "gt3 spec numbers lifetime". NO WAY will it do those kind of huge numbers in the 2-4 years the ps3 has left.

"Million+ first week is pretty certain"

Prologue had 1 million pre orders in PAL territories dude..



Zipper said:
headshot91 said:
I always wonder why people spout such huge figures for gt5. Its obviously going to do well, no one is doubting that. Million+ first week is pretty certain, but "13 mill lifetime" or "gt3 spec numbers lifetime". NO WAY will it do those kind of huge numbers in the 2-4 years the ps3 has left.

"Million+ first week is pretty certain"

Prologue had 1 million pre orders in PAL territories dude..

um i said it was pretty certain. Plus that figure you are quoting is not customer preorders, its store preorders, and they, you know, stock up for weeks in advance. European first week numbers were 400K, so less than half the numver you are quoting...