• November 12th will be the 50th day before the end of 2018.
• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your all time top 50 Games. This includes games on ALL systems (mobile, PC, console, handheld, anything) and ALL generations.
• For each day that passes, you will post one more game, for example:
• On the 50th Day (November 12th) you will post your 50th favorite game.
• On the 49th Day (November 13th) you will post your 49th favorite game, etc.
• Your final and favorite game of all time should be posted on December 31st, the last day of the year.
What games can you pick?
• Games that release after October 31, 2018 will not be allowed.
• This means no Just Cause 4, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Darksiders III, Hitman 2, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and so on.
• Please do not add Game Collections, Compilations, and the like.
• Games like Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, The Orange Box, etc. will not be allowed.
• Please choose single, stand alone games for your Top 50.
• Remakes, Remasters, and the like are fine to put into your list.
• However, when possible, remasters and most remakes should be included with the original game.
• For Example, you cannot enter "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)" and "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)" as separate entries into your list.
• Please enter it as the following instead: "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64/3DS)".
• If a remake offers enough unique content to separate itself from its older title (prominent examples include Resident Evil (GC) and Metroid: Samus Returns), then it can be counted as a stand alone game.
• This works on a game by game basis. If you're not sure on whether a remake does enough to be counted as a separate game, ask me!
• Game Expansions and DLC Content should be included with the original game.
• Example: StarCraft: Brood War should be included with StarCraft as one entry.
• Example: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows or Specter of Torment content should be included with Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove as one entry.
• Fan Games are allowed but mods are not.
• Example: AM2R will be accepted but the Project M mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl will not be.
Making your list (and checking it twice!):
• On November 10th (two days before we begin), I will create the Official Thread, where you will post your empty list.
• YOU WILL ONLY POST ONCE in the official thread. This will be your one personal post where you will edit your list daily.
• I repeat, you will ONLY POST ONCE.
• Each day you will add one more game to your post, going from your 50th favorite game (November 12th) to your #1 favorite game (December 31st).
• Remember, descending order.
• Don't worry if you miss a day or even a week. If you do, all you need to do is post the appropriate number of games in your list to catch up with the rest of us.
• For example, if you're seven days behind, just add the seven missing games to catch up.
• Please include the platforms(s) that you played the game on, and only the ones you've played on!
• Example: Ninjabread Man (Wii), or for multiple consoles: Okami (PlayStation 2/Wii/Xbox One)
• Reboots often have the same name as the original game, if you include a reboot in your list please make that clear.
• Example: Doom (Reboot) (PC), Doom (Original) (PC)
• You can also specify the game by year of release instead of "Reboot/Original".
• For your list in the Official Thread, please DO NOT include any descriptions or images. Keep your list clean, concise, and to the point.
• We'll have a Discussion Thread where you can discuss your favorite games all you want. Please post your images, descriptions and links in there.
• It's alright if you have a change of heart and want to change a few games around during your time with this event.
• As long as you make the changes to your list before December 31st, it's perfectly allowed.
• Remember, your ONE POST in the Official Thread is where you'll make your list and edit your games in.
How you can help me out:
Whether you want to go day by day with each game, or even if you don't have the time but still want to submit a list... you can help me out!
• I'd really appreciate it if you PM'ed me your entire top 50 list AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The earlier I have it, the earlier I can get to work for the celebration event!
• HOWEVER: The list you send me is the list I'll use. I can work some revisions in, but please keep it reasonable.
• In other words, the list you send me is the FINAL list.
• Again, I'd really appreciate if you sent me a PM of your top 50 list as soon as possible! Thank you!
• Either PM me or contact me on my wall. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Links to the past:
2010: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2011: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2012: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2013: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2014: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2015: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2016: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2017: Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread