IF YOU POST OFF-SITE PLEASE SAY
"From Aquamarine at VG Chartz / Gamrconnect" and post the following in quotes:
Some observations I made when looking at July 2016 physical sales:
Console/handheld software sales were only $156 million, down -13% YOY. In general, those are really weak physical software sales, lowest since the turn of the century.
PS4 software was down -3% YOY (-46% MOM)
WIU sofware was down +0% YOY (-33% MOM)
XBO software was down -3% YOY (-42% MOM)
So even though the industry was down -13% YOY (-35% MOM), 8th-gen console software largely held steady.
Best-sellers of July 2016:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III was the number-one best physical seller in July 2016 with 194K (including bundle units) and 64K (excluding bundle units)
Minecraft: >175K, top of the physical non-bundle charts
Grand Theft Auto V: 172K, actually up YOY (GTA July 2015: 171K)
Monster Hunter Generations: >165K
Pokemon Ruby + Sapphire (right behind Monster Hunter according to CosmicQueso on NeoGAF)
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
NBA 2K16: 111K
Titles that collapsed in their second month of sale (all below 50K):
1) Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Collapsed at retail from 99K in June to to below 40K in July, high digital shares contribute to its physical decline)
2) Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (significantly below 35K, I thought it would have legs because it launched late in the month but...nope, it's DOA)
3) Kirby: Planet Robobot (Legs were a LOT weaker than expected, and other 3DS catalog outside of Pokemon was also weak).
Sorry guys, DOOM 2016 declined significantly from June. MLB 16 The Show is still holding steady at >60K.
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops III: ~130K
2) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: Just below 30,000
= PS4 total: 161K
1) Choose Your Game
2) Tom Clancy's The Division
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: 36,000