Goodness gracious, what a week. Shame I wasn't around to share my thoughts within the first 100 replies, for my favourite thread every week :'(. Here they are anyway:
- Pokemans is the main thing this week. Of course, I will start out by saying: extremely good numbers. But I was kinda expecting a little more, based off COMG rankings & pre-order numbers. Media Create only tracked an extra ~250k sales on top of the pre-orders? Seems off.
- GTA 5 extremely nice. Pretty much in-line with the COMG weekly. Western games in Japan (which aren't Call of Duty) live!
- Danganronpa beat my expectations for it by about 20k, very pleasing indeed. I think Spike Chunsoft should be very pleased with those figures too; guess it helped them a lot to be releasing the same week as a remodel.
- Tales of Symphonia, however, doesn't seem too great. I suppose it's in-line with a HD remake in a series with Tales' popularity in Japan, but still - could be higher.
- Soccer Manager - I had no idea what to expect from this. Seems in line with what COMG were predicting. Bit overshipped if Famitsu is anything to go by, though.
- Fairy Fencer F - was honestly expecting a bit more from this. With that said, Famitsu is reporting it close to sold out, and figures of this amount - even if not impressive in the grand scheme of things - should be very good for Compile Heart, so that's good.
- I wonder what gave Legend of Heroes Vita better legs this week than the PS3 version. New model actually helping keep that game in the charts?
Onto hardware: 3DS doing absolutely great, as expected. Vita, however, beat my expectations by about 3x. Anyone who'd seen me around previous Media Creates or COMG threads would know that I wasn't expecting another 60k+ week. Maybe just my own pessimism, but threads like this didn't help either. I remember seeing a post on GAF saying that "the bar" for Vita should be PSP Go's FW, which iirc was about 28k. I was kinda expecting something even lower than that, so I'm very very pleased with these numbers. It won't last; but I'm still pleased with them. Incidentally, why isn't Media Create tracking the models separately like it does with the 3DS models?
On the other end of the spectrum, Wii-U. Deary me. I know people are waiting for the new bundles, but could we potentially see a sub-3k week before they come out?