By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Mass Effect 2 Will Come To PS3, EA Just Can’t Talk About It Yet

ckmlb said:
donsterydo2 said:

Making the game go full multi-platform at this stage when there are already ME1 and ME2 on the market could hurt its future sales. I don't think that EA will take the risk especially when they see that their new game Dragon Age that is from the beginning a full multi-platform is selling much worse on PS3 than X360.

I think that they are able to achieve more when the game is a console exclusive for X360. Much more hype for the game.

Why would a release on PS3 after the 360 releases hurt the 360 sales? A single release of all 3 games at the end of the trilogy sounds like a good idea to me.

Individuals who have PS3s but want to play Mass Effect hold off buying a 360 (or upgrading a PC) waiting for the game to show up.  I don't think it would be huge though.

And I do believe the way to do the release of Mass Effect on the PS3 is a single Blu-Ray disk release of all three games on it.  Not sure it would make financial sense to do it, but it seems like the best way to do it, as far as I can tell.

Around the Network

News flash for those who say that EA doesn't do exclusives: Mass Effect is on the PC, so thus it is is a "multi-platform game" at this point. Any word that EA is guaranteed to do a console exclusive?