By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/4 – 1/10) -- FF13 #8, NSMB Wii #2, KH:BBS LEADS!

BbS will fall short of the million

Around the Network

What was the expectations for BBS?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Soriku said:
psrock said:

Pretty much what it sold...unless you were crazy and expected like 600k+ or something.

What's with the million thing on Gaf, it almost seems he is really praying that game doesnt reach a million.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
steverhcp02 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Final+Fantasy+X-2+-+PS2[760]&reg2=Japan&game2=Final+Fantasy+XIII+-+PS3[7727]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=5

FF13 tracking almost identicle but showing possibly better legs than FF X-2 in Japan. FF X-2 went on to sell 2.4+ Million LTD, id say thats pretty good considering early famistu LT estimates and predictions.

you do know that 2.4 mil is after the best version and international version releases, right? FFX-2 ended with 1,960,937 (based on Famitsu numbers) before those re-releases and it's likely where FFXIII would end up.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Final+Fantasy+X-2+-+PS2[760]&reg2=Japan&game2=Final+Fantasy+XIII+-+PS3[7727]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=5

FF13 tracking almost identicle but showing possibly better legs than FF X-2 in Japan. FF X-2 went on to sell 2.4+ Million LTD, id say thats pretty good considering early famistu LT estimates and predictions.

you do know that 2.4 mil is after the best version and international version releases, right? FFX-2 ended with 1,960,937 (based on Famitsu numbers) before those re-releases and it's likely where FFXIII would end up.

Im well aware. I dont remember famitsu or predictions clarifying international and best of releases would not count toward the game.

Sales are sales.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
psrock said:
Soriku said:
psrock said:

Pretty much what it sold...unless you were crazy and expected like 600k+ or something.

What's with the million thing on Gaf, it almost seems he is really praying that game doesnt reach a million.

Uh...who? cvxfreak? Anyway 1 mil is doubtful but 800-900k is where it should fall.

That would be great.

Next Gen 

So...I can't update our hw figures, only ioi can, but the data came in for hw. PSP outsold DS this week in Japan. It went up a smidge it looks like. Crazy huh? I had figured it would fall slowly while the other systems dropped off hard. It looks like everything else is down alot, but PSP is flattish.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

What about PS3 and Wii, which one is higher?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

why don't you post the figures then??

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Well Brett gets final say so I don't want to give out an exact figure.

But for the week hw is like this:

PSP > DS > Wii > PS3 > X360 > PS2

I'm comfortable saying that - there is considerable distance between each of the six places. Wii and PS3 are up alot over last year.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu