By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can you recomend me best 3rd Party Wii Games of ´06, '07 ?

for 2006 Metal Slug anthology is probably the best third wii game, even if they did some odd things, also snk arcade classics is worth looking into (if for nothing else shock troopers, baseball stars 2 and neo turf masters)

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
masschamber said:
for 2006 Metal Slug anthology is probably the best third wii game, even if they did some odd things, also snk arcade classics is worth looking into (if for nothing else shock troopers, baseball stars 2 and neo turf masters)

Metal Slug Wii is great and overlooked. Nice to see people talking about it. 

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

If you like the first resident evil , you will probably like Obscure: The Aftermath .

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I'll throw in Ghost Squad. Probably the best lightgun game on Wii, short but sweet. And cheap ($29 at launch, you can probably find it under $20 now).

Metal Slug Anthology's a great value (as are all the SNK collections) but be warned that (a) it doesn't have Classic Controller support and (B) image quality isn't as nice as D4's Virtual Console releases (which output in true low res).

Also, Kororinpa is pretty expensive these days, so if you want a tilt puzzler you may just want to go for the superior sequel (Marble Saga).

Scarface!

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, so I'll throw in Ghost Squad. Probably the best lightgun game on Wii, short but sweet. And cheap ($29 at launch, you can probably find it under $20 now).

Ghost Squad is an excellent port of only a so-so arcade machine. I would suggest HotD 2&3 Returns over it to most people.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Godfather, Scarface, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Prince of Persia, Blazing Angels, Resident Evil 4, are all good ports of PS2 games and Godfather, Scarface and RE4 in particular are great with motion controls.

If you want something uniquely Wii

Dewy's Adventure, Kororinpa Marble Mania (or the superior and much longer Marble Saga sequel), Elebits, Opoona (RPG), Mecury Meltdown or of course the classic Zack and Wiki

Also unmentioned so far: Rayman's Rabid Rabbids was fun and Red Steel while flawed is still one of the only Wii games with split-screen local multiplayer on FPS which I had a lot of fun with and the game was fun (although the sword fighting becomes progressively less fun...)

Sorry for refloating this post, but just wanted to thank you again, i tried to chose the best of them based in a amounth/price situation, the ones i bought are the ones you see in "Games i own", but i really liked many games you mentioned, those where in the "Wish List".

With the games i bought, i think i m going to have enought play for at least 3 months, i just hope the time will make some games to drop their price so i could get them, right now they are quite expensive : (