By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie disappointed that games like COD MW2, Assassin’s Creed arent on wii

Huh, what? He claimed that DoC was AAA, which he'd know was a joke if he had played the game. That was what I responded to. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Around the Network

But that's the point, Nintendo isn't even trying to capture that kind of demographics. They are aiming for Casual/Bridge games, so 3rd parties will never be encouraged by the lack of focus in those genres by the console maker themselves. Nintendo has many unreleased games that only saw the light in Japan, where they bombed. Why support only their worst market when there's a huge market eagerly awaiting and claiming for this games? I don't understand them. If they think these games are too niche for the West, why don't they stop making them and start developing games for THE BIGGEST PART OF THE USERBASE. They are making themselves a niche developer this way.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Torillian said:
N.Genckel said:
Hahaha, Day of Crysis AAA? Please, play games before you talk about them. Anyone who has played Day of Crisi, knows that it's no AAA game.

Which is probably why Nintendo was so iffy about it.

but gamer don't play solely AAA games.  I've enjoyed some pretty average games more than some great games simply because of preferences and quirkiness of the title.  What if we only got AAA jRPG's?  Arguably we wouldn't have one yet.

I was mostly reponding to this part right here.

Oh, yea, well we might want to be intrested in playing average games, but Nintendo has a policy of keeping their in-house development of the highest quality, and DoC simply did not live up to that.

I'd be disappointed if I was him too.

Haven't they figured out by now they won't get games like MW2 till they make a Wii HD (or at least a more powerful wii) that can handle games like MW2. Oh and also Nintendo needs better online equal to PSN.

Around the Network
N.Genckel said:
Oh, yea, well we might want to be intrested in playing average games, but Nintendo has a policy of keeping their in-house development of the highest quality, and DoC simply did not live up to that.

So only NoA checks for quality then? NCL and NoE are shovelware publishers?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sabby_e17 said:
I wouldn't really be dissapointed if I were him. Wii already sells enough SW and has plenty of 3rd party support.

Well the problem is the lack of quality 3rd party support. Go to Gamestop and look at the Wii section, its atrocious.

The great 3rd party Wii games do not get enough attention so developers don't even bother.

trestres said:
@kenryoku: And who says 3rd parties have a reason to put their games on the Wii then? They don't need to, their games sell greatly on the other consoles, plus the Wii is more like a wildcard. Stop justifying Nintendo. They can't complain over things they do themselves.

@ph4ant: Why do they have to be AAA multimillion dollar projects? Who set that bar? You?

So now suddenly its about both Nintendo and third parties, when originally you were just blaming Nintendo?  I was just answering your post about Nintendo not bringing over their FIRST party games.  You brought it up.  Don't get mad and start getting defensive and pointing the finger at me and third parties and then saying 'well if Nintendo can't deliver any goods, then third parties don't have to put jack on the Wii'.

Your post have always seemed like Nintendo is the big bad guy and you're always looking for any reason to find Nintendo to be at fault.  I'm just playing devil's advocate for both sides.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

11ht11 said:
i think nintnedo should start by making their own games that are like AC and COD

EXACTLY.

Nintendo has so many development resources that are completely under-utilized. What the hell is the deal? We can't rely on EAD alone to carry the entire company!

What is Brownie Brown doing?

What is SPD doing?

What is Sora Project doing?

What is Monolith Soft doing?

What is HAL labs doing (Where is our damn Kirby game??)

What is Retro Studios doing (We know they're working on something new...an update please?)

What is Intelligent Systems doing?

And WHAT THE HELL IS NST DOING?!?!

We have the power, money, and resources to completely be self-sustaining. The future of Nintendo lies in first and second party software diversification. We have to start coming up with new IPs that are compelling and possible future franchises. Look at all the awesome shit we had when Rare was second party. We need that again. Look, we haven't had any real third-party support since the SNES, so it's not gonna change now or even next generation. Nintendo themselves must take action to ensure there are no more extreme software shortages by utilizing what is already there.

That's my .02

Sempuukyaku said:
11ht11 said:
i think nintnedo should start by making their own games that are like AC and COD

EXACTLY.

Nintendo has so many development resources that are completely under-utilized. What the hell is the deal? We can't rely on EAD alone to carry the entire company!

What is Brownie Brown doing?

What is SPD doing?

What is Sora Project doing?

What is Monolith Soft doing?

What is HAL labs doing (Where is our damn Kirby game??)

What is Retro Studios doing (We know they're working on something new...an update please?)

What is Intelligent Systems doing?

And WHAT THE HELL IS NST DOING?!?!

We have the power, money, and resources to completely be self-sustaining. The future of Nintendo lies in first and second party software diversification. We have to start coming up with new IPs that are compelling and possible future franchises. Look at all the awesome shit we had when Rare was second party. We need that again. Look, we haven't had any real third-party support since the SNES, so it's not gonna change now or even next generation. Nintendo themselves must take action to ensure there are no more extreme software shortages by utilizing what is already there.

That's my .02

Uh... no. Nintendo is doing just fine making family friendly games.