By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega DETERMINED to “CRACK core gaming” on Wii -- Madworld sold well enough!

That and the top three publishers (Ubi, EA, Activision) are supporting it. Plus CoD WaW showed a big IP can sell a core M rated game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sega likes to battle with nintendo...so it makes sense to release games which take nintendo dollars away :)

Nicely put. Sega does what Nintendont!

Anywho, I'm definitely looking forward to their next project on the system, but I'm hoping of a bit more... substance. MadWorld and Overkill were good fun, but they didn't last long. Behind the gore and cursing and "hardcore" atmosphere of the games, there wasn't much more than basic gameplay elements. I'm hoping for something a little deeper.

Also, Project Needlemouse... can't wait!

Well for me a AAA core game would be something that:

- has a deep story line.
- is 40hours +.
- is visuals and even more so artistic directions are important.
- has excellent wii controls.
- blood is fine (but not over the top like madworld because fun enough not many people like that kind of thing).

I would mind a FPS or an RPG with online offcourse as they are lacking.

Maybe something in a sci-fi world where you fly around go to planets, do trading etcs... have to fight some bad buys, save someone (NOT PEACH she is being kindnapped too many times - stupid blonde), whilst there is still a mian story to it all. All those side things would help you in your quest to finish the main story. ONLINE OFFCOURSE

FPS with third person as an option or vice versa. Must have online multiplayer, decent amount of modes, LAN MODE too. alot of variety of guns, vehicles. NOT IN WAR SETTING, TOO MANY OF THESE GAMES.

TO ADD:

like few people already said, lack of advertising and shelf space dedicated to core wii games. It is like the shops want them to fail so they can push the other hardware to core gamers only.

I'VE GOT IT!

A Phantasy Star Online Wii would be perfect!

1: It will prove that the Wii can deliver an excellent online experience.

2: A mass market genre (as proved by wow) for a mass market console.

3: Servers can be funded by DLC like Guild Wars does.

4: Look at the original cover on the Dreamcast case. It already looks like a Wii game with so much white in the background. It would look awesome, it would blend with the white Wii boxes and stand out at the same time.

Who is with me? 8D

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
SmokedHostage said:
KungKras said:
They should bring virtua Fighter to Wii. Wii doesn't have a main series fighter that's competitive with Street Fighter 4 and Tekken yet. (SSB brawl doesn't count, trying to play Brawl competitively is known to cause insanity and wounds from bashing one's head against the wall)

Guilty Gear says hi.

Guilty Gear is on Wii?

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core & Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

And don't forget the SNK titles:

Around the Network

@Kenology

:O that is so awesome!!!!

I blame my local gamestop for not having this on their shelves!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Shenmue 3 that is all.

Phantasy Star V?

someone posted a teaser of the upcoming sonic game that´s supposed to be fully 2D, but i thought that would be only on the HD systems, am i right?

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

This is a pretty vague statment about how much it sold, Madworld would have sold better on the HD consoles but the cost of development would have been higher.

According to VGC Madworld just passed 300k worldwide, with the right marketing it could have broken that on 360/PS3 in the first month in NA alone.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!