By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega DETERMINED to “CRACK core gaming” on Wii -- Madworld sold well enough!

^ I agree, those are my most wanted Sega games. especially Panzer Dragoon.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Why can't other companies be like Sega? Instead of releasing one game and whine about it not selling millions of copies, they try again, and try to make it better. Sega truly are a winner this gen.

I hope they won't force "mature" on everything in their search for a succesful core game. A game can be really good without mature content. Just give us Skies of Arcadia 2 and everything will be fine.

If "MadWorld sold well enough to put Sega in a place where they’re “prepared to invest" then according to Vgchartz database they have possibly 13 other titles that have sold "well enough"
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=200&name=&console=Wii&keyword=&publisher=288&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Sega have less sales on X360 and PS3
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=X360&region=All&developer=&publisher=288&genre=&boxart=Both&results=200&order=Sales
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=PS3&region=All&developer=&publisher=288&genre=&boxart=Both&results=200&order=Sales

they should release a MATURE game not IMMATURE game.
you know, something that have a deep storyline?

Around the Network
Gnac said:
kitler53 said:
i'm all for hardcore gaming on the wii even though i haven't seen much on the platform yet. developers just need to realize that the wii has certain strengths and weaknesses and build a game with that in mind.

...and i'm still disappointed no one has put an RTS on the wii. if any console can pull one off the it is the wii.

Oh hey you should look out for the Battalion Wars games.

Still, the game does not have all the mechanics that make a RTS. There has been some effort in Dawn of Discovery but it does not have the combat gameplay that games like Comand and Conquer or Starcraft have.

And RTS will come, but form an unexpected developer.

OT: Sega is on teh right direction with teh exploration on how to appeal the core gamers that own a Wii. The road is not easy, but it can be pulled off.

And yes, and RPG and Sega GT/Rally will be appreciated

I reckon their next triumvite will be: Gladiator (HVS) The Stratergist (Headstrong) and Grinder (HVS again)

however to my mind NMH already cracked the market.

now can someone explain to me why NMH did so well? it was the type of game id expect to cvhart with aboout 20k week one then drop out of the charts. yet someone its stayed on and hasnt even got a big publishing name to go with it.

i think sega need to invest how it deals with retailers. you want the game to have big in store ads and lots of shelf space. they did this a bit with this years triumvite but more could go a long way

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Sega likes to battle with nintendo...so it makes sense to release games which take nintendo dollars away :)

Even if it will still be a niche title, they should publish Disaster Day of Crisis.

Also, it's a myth these games don't sell on the Wii. The truth is that nich games don't sell big numbers on the Wii, same as any system. To get the core market, just get a big core IP. Take Two could grab it with a 3D GTA game, but Sega's biggest IP is Sonic, and that's not a core pleasing series, although they still sell.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This is good news for the Wii. Sega attempting to actually bring something new and... dare i say it.. actual quality products to the Wii. Am glad they have the balls to try. Good news that they are satisfied with Madworld's sales too.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!