By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega DETERMINED to “CRACK core gaming” on Wii -- Madworld sold well enough!

KungKras said:
They should bring virtua Fighter to Wii. Wii doesn't have a main series fighter that's competitive with Street Fighter 4 and Tekken yet. (SSB brawl doesn't count, trying to play Brawl competitively is known to cause insanity and wounds from bashing one's head against the wall)

I was really hoping that capcom would eventually make Power Stone 3 for the wii; that would be perfect!

Currently Playing: NSMB wii, LoZ: Phantom hourglass (DS), Muramasa (Wii), Prince of Persia (PS3), Final Fantasy III (DS), Left 4 Dead (PC), Panzer Dragoon Saga (SS), Radiant Silvergun (SS)

Always Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii), SFIV (PS3), Mario Kart Wii

Steam: the_green_knight453

PSN: VincentVIII

Wii: .........

Proud owner of: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS1, PS2 (slim), PS3, SS, DC, GBP, DSi

Around the Network

i'm all for hardcore gaming on the wii even though i haven't seen much on the platform yet. developers just need to realize that the wii has certain strengths and weaknesses and build a game with that in mind.

...and i'm still disappointed no one has put an RTS on the wii. if any console can pull one off the it is the wii.

If Madworld resembles Segas core game efforts on Wii, it doesn't look too good. Conduit was a lot better effort though.

But Sega does have one hugely successful core game on Wii, which is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

MadWorld is in my opinion the best true Wii game. I would be pretty happy about a MW2, but it has to be lenghier.

go SEGA go, me want more "hardcore" games on my Wii

im backing SEGA 100% on this one, good luck to them, I still need to get Madworld too

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
KungKras said:
They should bring virtua Fighter to Wii. Wii doesn't have a main series fighter that's competitive with Street Fighter 4 and Tekken yet. (SSB brawl doesn't count, trying to play Brawl competitively is known to cause insanity and wounds from bashing one's head against the wall)

Guilty Gear says hi.

Totsunoko vs Capcom takes the spot. Only for the wii and with online...... definitely the wii figher rivaling others in quality

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

When they say Mature content, it doesn't have to be bloody whatever.. I think Sega need to focus on the core gameplay and build an IP from the ground up. A third person shooter would be fantastic! Don't worry about graphics, effects (blood, dismemberment etc), controls or anything like that until you have core gameplay and a gripping story to go along with it.

Gamers fall into the world of a game and love the game only when there is a world to fall into.

And put in some good local multiplayer if you wanna sell more than 300k.

Games like Madworld, No More Heroes, Muramasa, The Conduit, etc. wouldn't sell 1 million+ on the PS360 either though. These are all niche games. Especially NMH and Muramasa. Suda51 is too indie and Muramasa would only appeal to the action jrpg market (the jrpg market is pretty niche outside of Final Fantasy, Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts). I'm including The Conduit in that as well. How often do you see a shooter with under 70 metascore selling a lot on the PS360? Perhaps there might be some but I can't come up with any off the top of my head to be honest. Look at games like WET. You know the type of game that has that testosterone-filled appeal, a hot chick to boot and had some commercials during The Ultimate Fighter yet barely anyone bought it. I bet the publisher lost bags of money on that considering the poor sales and how expensive it is to develop for HD consoles.

If Sega and other third-party devs want to crack into the core market Wii owner, they need something with mass appeal. They need to create a SD version of something that would sell amazingly on the PS360 while still being original. Perhaps I've been hard on third-party developers. Maybe this is difficult to do. But there are plenty of Wii owners that have a 360 or PS3 (and there are some Wii owners I'm sure who would only a 360 or PS3 but don't because they can't afford more than one console and set of games) So it's possible! I don't even own a Wii (I plan to though) but I still want to see Sega do it. I like seeing developers try to break the mould (tapping into an untapped market in this case).

kitler53 said:
i'm all for hardcore gaming on the wii even though i haven't seen much on the platform yet. developers just need to realize that the wii has certain strengths and weaknesses and build a game with that in mind.

...and i'm still disappointed no one has put an RTS on the wii. if any console can pull one off the it is the wii.

Oh hey you should look out for the Battalion Wars games.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Ok, no more on-rails then.