By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega DETERMINED to “CRACK core gaming” on Wii -- Madworld sold well enough!

This would do it. If they don't mess it up like they did last 6 games.

Around the Network

They should bring virtua Fighter to Wii. Wii doesn't have a main series fighter that's competitive with Street Fighter 4 and Tekken yet. (SSB brawl doesn't count, trying to play Brawl competitively is known to cause insanity and wounds from bashing one's head against the wall)

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
They should bring virtua Fighter to Wii. Wii doesn't have a main series fighter that's competitive with Street Fighter 4 and Tekken yet. (SSB brawl doesn't count, trying to play Brawl competitively is known to cause insanity and wounds from bashing one's head against the wall)

Guilty Gear says hi.

Pixel Art can be fun.

A brief thought, looking back at their recent "M" rated game attempts. If they are going to do such, they need to make a game like Resident Evil 4 - horror genre with excellent controls. FPS and avant garde art design games aren't going to lure the core gamers.

This is why sega is a good developer.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
KungKras said:

Guilty Gear says hi.

Guilty Gear is on Wii?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Sega, just rip off a lightsaber game. If Lucasarts aren't going to bother, clone Soul Calibur and add 'light swords' and customisable characters with all the tools to make Star Wars characters. Motion plus that SOB and watch it print money. Go easy on the blood and gore.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

maybe they have a deal with nintendo....to get the Mario/Sonic they have to do X number off different mature games :P

Sega is doing a really good job publishing core games on Wii: looking at Madworld and The conduit they're succeeding in having profit, and also the sales are increasing (likely The conduit will outsell Madworld when it will have a price cut).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Of course there is a way to get a core market. Seriesouly it's all about presentation and accessibility. If there is any doubt to people playing core style games just look to movies. LOTR did fantastic. Why the hell would a movie about orcs, magic and evil plots interest so many people. Because it's entertaining. Take Diablo or WoW. There are people who would have never played fantasy games before that are wow/diablo addicts and that's all the play. Make a good game, make a accessible, make it presentable and people will buy and play it. If they aren't then you made a mistake somewhere and it's NOT the customers fault.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.