By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega DETERMINED to “CRACK core gaming” on Wii -- Madworld sold well enough!

and they will continue to have to do so for every new release, ESPECIALLY those with established names that i mentioned like silent hill, red steel, monster hunter, final fantasy and no more heroes.

These games, with correct placing, strategy, advertising and hype, stand the best, and possibly only hope of breaking the stalemate the genre is currently in on the wii.

To me, creating consumer and retailer demand is a publishers job, and if they dont do it well enough, and there is little or no demand, they havent done their job correctly and have let the developers and wii "hardcore" community down.

(assuming its a good enough game to back up the publishers work...which is anoher point altogether)

Muramasa: the Demon Blade

Around the Network
Hobowan said:

and they will continue to have to do so for every new release, ESPECIALLY those with established names that i mentioned like silent hill, red steel, monster hunter, final fantasy and no more heroes.

These games, with correct placing, strategy, advertising and hype, stand the best, and possibly only hope of breaking the stalemate the genre is currently in on the wii.

To me, creating consumer and retailer demand is a publishers job, and if they dont do it well enough, and there is little or no demand, they havent done their job correctly and have let the developers and wii "hardcore" community down.

(assuming its a good enough game to back up the publishers work...which is anoher point altogether)

I agree. That is what Nintendo has been good at, even if not all the time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I do agree with a lot of what's been said here. The problem is that no retailers are giving the hardcore games the space on shelves to draw peoples attention. Sega will need to get more space for these games if they want to move units.

Hobowan said:
theRepublic said:
Bluelava said:
As someone who usually buys games online I was quite shocked buy the Wii product on the shelf in my local gaming store thise week. Shelves and shelves of "pre-owned" rubbish, shelves and shelves of shovelware......while many of the quality Wii games were missing from their shelves entirely.

Unless the makers of hardcore games are willing to pay for the shelfspace and advertising..I can't see how those games will ever sell. The games will just get lost in the flood.

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped looking in stores for the games I want.  They are usually not there, and when they are, they are more expensive.

and this is fine for those who follow the wii and games closely on line, but to the HUGE amount of consumers that still regularly use stores to purchase games and browse for something to buy, it simply means these games go unnoticed, and the reputation of the wii is tarnished even further because the MILLIONS of people, hardcore and otherwise who enter a game shop only ever see non-core material on the wii, cementing its repuation as a console without core appeal. so they walk on by to the ps3 shelf instead and pick up batman or something

Without store space and advertising, a publisher may as well halve its sales expectations.

Dead space and metroid are the best examples so far in london. They may as well be downloadable games as they simply do not exist in physical form in London.

so if sega want to crack this area of the wii user base, they really need to work on retailers and their own advertising and marketing in general.

If not for that, what exactly else is a publisher there for?

You're preaching to the choir here.

I think the only difference is that I've already given up hope that the big retailers will carry the good games.  Target's and Walmart's selection sucks, and Best Buy is only marginally better.  As one consumer, I'm not going to waste my time with these places when I can find what I want easier and for cheaper.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

wow even though there M rated games aint making millions they are not giving up...

Sega are awesome there the reason they are one of my favourite gaming company's ever

Around the Network

Im surprised about the Conduit. I just got this game, played it for a few hours last night, its a pretty fun game, even in single player/story mode.

Sega should bring Virtua Fighter to the Wii, this console needs a classic 3d fighter! And nr. 5 underperformed on HD consoles so maybe Wii users will like it more

at least they try, I hope they have sucess

Sega has done a good job this gen on all platforms generally.

"Like you know"

madworld wasn't that great of a game anyway... people aint missing much with that title, theirs no replay value in the game.. its fun slaughtering people thats about it