By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamestation wants my PS3 and £139 trade-in for PS3 Slim...

I went to Gamestation today (UK) and saw a advert for the new PS3 Slim and that you could trade in your old PS3's and some money for the new model.  I though that sounds like a good deal to me, so I ask the girl behind the counter and she said 'what model PS3 have you got', I replied 'the 40gb model' then she said 'the trade in value for that model was £110'.

£110, it cost me nearly £300 less than 16 months ago.  I just though to myself its not worth trading it in, I need to find £139 plus my ps3 just to have a smaller version of the same machine. 

PC gaming rules.....

Around the Network

Yeah, thats the drawback of having a revised console come to market...especially with a price cut.

I will be buying a PS3 fats off craigslist or some other online "for sale" site... They will be worth less than 200 bucks in a few months, just watch.

I seen that today too and laughed at how stupid the whole thing is! I mean who would trade in a perfectly good PS3 and also give over money to get the same console, only with a bigger HDD and smaller (same features i mean) in return?

I guess this is mainly an offer for the idiotic people in the public domain lol

Same for me. I'll try to probably buy one out of ebay or something like that. The one with BC ps2

you could get more on ebay maybe

Around the Network

Do not trade it in. There's no point because your current PS3 has the exact same features as the slim PS3, except the slim is just lighter and smaller.

your better off puting that money towords a hard drive as thats the only improvement on the slim

@disolitude

i agree i'll be getting me a fatty around christmas time ...60GB 80GB doesn't really matter.

Hmm...my PS3 YLOD and im wondering, if i choose the PS3 Slim i would get new features like Bravia Sync and bigger hardrive (my 40gb was driving me crazy) but probably 40 gb PS3 will be alot cheaper than the Slim...Decisions,Decisions..at least ill know that in 2 weeks ill be playing MGS4 again

Zero_Kaister said:
Hmm...my PS3 YLOD and im wondering, if i choose the PS3 Slim i would get new features like Bravia Sync and bigger hardrive (my 40gb was driving me crazy) but probably 40 gb PS3 will be alot cheaper than the Slim...Decisions,Decisions..at least ill know that in 2 weeks ill be playing MGS4 again

Isn't Bravia Sync supposed to be implemented through the new firmware revision? If so then ALL PS3s will have that capability; both the phat and slim ones.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"