By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spielberg - Console platforms to go “the way of the Dodo bird”

Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

Spielberg...man....I respect you a lot, but stick to what you are best at.

Boom Blox?

LOL NO!!!! Although I've heard some pretty great things about Boom Blox, I'd still watch a good Spielberg picture anyday over having him making video games.

His spot in the video game world is already taken by a monster named Hideo Kojima.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

Boom Blox?

Spilberg best at videogames confirmed?

I mean... Boomblox > Indy Jones 4 and War of the worlds (his last 2 movies)

Yes, Spelberg, stick to what you are good at.

Didn't he sell his game studio?
My memory is not great on this but I remember reading something about it.

perpride said:
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

Boom Blox?

LOL NO!!!! Although I've heard some pretty great things about Boom Blox, I'd still watch a good Spielberg picture anyday over having him making video games.

His spot in the video game world is already taken by a monster named Hideo Kojima.

I'm not sure if Mr. Kojima could have made Boom Blox. Actually I shudder to think what Boom Blox would be like if Kojima tried to make it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

disolitude said:
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

Boom Blox?

Spilberg best at videogames confirmed?

I mean... Boomblox > Indy Jones 4 and War of the worlds (his last 2 movies)

Yes, Spelberg, stick to what you are good at.

Lol you guys kill me.

Kojima as a game developer = Spielberg as a film director.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
We all know PC gaming is going to take over the entire industry, so that's probably what Spielberg was saying.

No sir. Read it again. He's talking about streaming games through television sets, essentially cloud gaming.

Also your assumption is funny considering consoles and handhelds are both growing exponentially every generation. Got any proof there is decline there that will not also affect PC gaming?

And isn't that exactly what Onlive (among others) is trying to do?

PC has the biggest chance for a great future because everyone needs a PC, and PC gaming has already gone digital for the most part. And the fact that it is an open platform means if TV makers ever decide to do what Spielberg said they would probably choose PC-compatibility because it does not require to pay any royalties to console makers.

Comes from the biggest hypocrite-directors of all time. Yes, he`s really good director, but a hypocrite to the bone.

As someone already said, he is jealous, or at least afraid because some games are outselling his movies.

As long as consoles have their killer apps, they are not going anywere.

I LOVE ICELAND!

disolitude said:
The year Sega makes a comeback and releases another awesome console is the year consoles will die. Just watch... Sega is not allowed to have success in the console industry. The Iluminati have decided...

I'm suddenly picturing a bunch of guys drinking beer around a large table singing the stonecutters "We do" song from the Simpsons

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I am guessing it won't be to longer before either;

A. Developers say FU to MS, Nintendo, and Sony, and go out to other companies to create a single platform for console game development.

B. Sony or Microsoft, will open their platform to all manufactiures, and give up sole ownership. Inthis case the party that moves first will get all 3rd Party dev support, because it is the only sensable financial move.

I am tierd of explaning this so if you want more info go see Squilliams Consoles are monopolistc piles of crap thread.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL