By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN’s Craig Harris: Nintendo's secret game is exciting, to be revealed soon

The reason Craig went is that his IGN office is closer to Nintendo HQ in San Francisco. Matt and Bozon are in LA.

Doesn't have to be a DS.

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 is already confirmed, but I think that IGN will show more about the game. If this game is Zelda or other classic franchise, will be in the E3, and not in the IGN.

Xxain said:
TWRoO said:
Xxain said:
@Blacksaber - ^ didnt the re-release have like 400,000 sales??

If you mean the Virtual Console release, no chance.... I am certain it hasn't reached 100k, and would be suprised if it managed much more than 50k.

I just PMed DKII on the matter, because I don't have figures for America or Japan so I am just guessing them.

I could of swore it was higher, which why Nintendo decided to contact treasure about a sequel

Well a Wii game is bound to sell more than a downloadable, it's also a sequel, with Wii graphics instead of N64 graphics.... so it will do a lot better than the VC release.

My bets would be around 400-500k... which is perfectly reasonable and is worth it for Ninty... if it turns out really good it could do 600-700k, but that might be stretching it.

Selling that many is really good for most games remember, just because it takes a million sales to make the top tier games worthwhile (Galaxy/Smash) doesn't mean other games don't do well..... Battalion Wars is probably doing just fine with it's ~300k sales (estimating PAL sales)

---------

Also, DKII got back to me, he says it is about 100k in the Americas, and probably less than 160k worldwide.

400-500 is xcellent in my book....its just i dont think it'll get there if it doesn't have good exposer

Xxain said:
400-500 is xcellent in my book....its just i dont think it'll get there if it doesn't have good exposer

I think it could get to 300k without Nintendo even trying, so I wouldn't worry.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
The reason Craig went is that his IGN office is closer to Nintendo HQ in San Francisco. Matt and Bozon are in LA.

Doesn't have to be a DS.

In addition, remember that they didn't know what system this was for before attending the event, even though they weren't excited about the event at the time.

There are so many possibilities, but I really want to see the Nintendo E3 Press Conference, I don't think it can get any worse for gamers after last year even though the general press loved it. Basically I'm prepared for the worst, which is why I want to see it so bad.

I can't wait.

Last time I got excited about an IGN rumor, I ended up NOT getting Kid Icarus. No sir! No more for me.

Khuutra said:
Last time I got excited about an IGN rumor, I ended up NOT getting Kid Icarus. No sir! No more for me.

Don't forget that the last time you wound up not getting excited about an IGN rumor, you got Dead Space: Extraction and Silent Hill: Shattered Dreams.