By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos E3 press conference,an improvement from last year´s?Or

Right, I assumed something, thus I'm lieing. Love your logic.
assumption or not, you stated that i did not like the games, which was the lie. Your assumption was incorrect.

You're saying it's the the most horrendous list ever. Seriously, that's ridiculous.
Give me a worse list then 2 games from third party devs, one of which was decent at best, and 3 first party titles, 2 of which so far have been a disappointment according to critics.

EDIT:

And you're not expecting a Mario or Zelda?

Mario and Zelda combined doesn't live up to this.

M&Z combined doesn't live up to what exactly?

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
IxisNaugus said:

Right, I assumed something, thus I'm lieing. Love your logic.
assumption or not, you stated that i did not like the games, which was the lie. Your assumption was incorrect.

You're saying it's the the most horrendous list ever. Seriously, that's ridiculous.
Give me a worse list then 2 games from third party devs, one of which was decent at best, and 3 first party titles, 2 of which so far have been a disappointment according to critics.

EDIT:

And you're not expecting a Mario or Zelda?

Mario and Zelda combined doesn't live up to this.

M&Z combined doesn't live up to what exactly?

I love your definition of lieing. It's so humourous it's insane.

I see you took out the main part of what I said, and pretty much ignored that.

I already answered both of your questions, but you just posted the same thing yet again.

In conclusion: You're not interested in a discussion, and you're calling me a liar.

My response: Good day, I have no interest in talking to you.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I love your definition of lieing. It's so humourous it's insane.
I'm sure it is. After all, it's just common sense. You made a false statement, i called it out as a lie. Birds keep flying, water keeps flowing...

I see you took out the main part of what I said, and pretty much ignored that.
I read it, but that's not what i decided to focus on afterward, so i didn't feel the need to quote and discuss it.

I already answered both of your questions, but you just posted the same thing yet again.
...questions? You're going to have to clarify that one for me. I didn't quite get what your response to "Mario and Zelda combined doesn't live up to what exactly?" was. Wrong person?

In conclusion: You're not interested in a discussion, and you're calling me a liar.

My response: Good day, I have no interest in talking to you.
Well fair enough i guess. I did tell you to stop lying, and you don't seem to have any interest in talking to me whatsoever.

How technical is your game?

thekitchensink said:
Smashchu2 said:

@thekitchensink: Nintendo as certainly not upset with their E3 last year.

Prior to E3 2008, I put out the articles of “Finding Nintendo’s Shield” and “Finding Nintendo’s Sword”. These articles focused on how Nintendo would strategically combat an incumbent’s response to the Wii success. At that time, news and rumors were thick of Microsoft or Sony putting out their own motion controller.

Motion Plus was a pre-emptive attack to this. If Microsoft or Sony put out a new motion controller, it would likely be a better technology than the current Wii-mote. Nintendo had to have something just in case. When you listen to Iwata and Reggie at E3 2008, you can tell their speeches were written as if a competing motion controller was released. Nintendo didn’t even wait until their conference to spring Motion Plus. They blasted out the press release prior to Microsoft’s conference as a pre-emptive response.

With no competing motion controller, Nintendo execs probably had to be giddy. (While everyone else was complaining about the lack of ‘hardcore games’, the reason why they weren’t showcased was because the focus had to make sure Microsoft and Sony didn’t get out of the disruptive box Nintendo put them in.) At the next Nintendo conference (forgot when, it was when they announced Sin and Punishment 2), Nintendo execs were all more and ready to discuss ‘hardcore games’ since the threat of a competing motion controller had passed… at least for now.

But should any company threaten to compete with Nintendo in the expanded market, the hardcore focus at press events will be dropped to focus on securing the expanded market. Every console war has been one based on the core industry. We have never seen a console war based on this new expanded market. Nintendo’s conference at E3 2008 is a good idea how such a console war would look like.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/why-iwata-didnt-mention-motion-plus/

With rumors coming out about motion control, I'd say E3 might be like it was last year.

I remember those articles, and respect them completely.  They blew my mind when I read them.

However, that doesn't negate the quotes I posted from Dunaway and Iwata (who just happens to be the CEO of Nintendo) where they literally apologize for how terrible their performance was.

There's nothing saying that they can't use this E3 to appeal to both core AND casual gamers.  Think about an expanded version of the Fall Conference they had last year, where they had games like Wii Cheer right alongside Punch-Out!! and Sin & Punishment.

If you look at what Iwata said, he specifically mentions Mario and Zelda. He seems to be appologizing for the fact those games were not shown. Also, iwata apoligizes a lot.

But think about this. On House M. D., House was worried he had an illness whice symptome was a lack of guilt. He apoligizes to a patient. He mentiones to his firend Wilson that he felt nothing. Wilson mentioned an apologies are meant to make the other party feel better, not you. The same thing is probably happening here. Nintendo doesn't have to be sorry, but they are trying to make everyone else happy. They will, without guilt, focus on the expanded audience if need be.

Also, I'd argue that the October press event was more targeted to the core then to the expanded audience.

IxisNaugus said:
They couldn't do worse unless they didn't show up. :P

This.

Just to refresh people's memories

Wii Sports resort - announced
GTA:CTW - announced
Wii Music - details
Shaun White - shown to be awesome
Animal Crossing and Wii Speak - Details

*facekeyboard*. That is the most horrendous list ever. Who... WHO at Nintendo thought this was acceptable? 2 Games announced... one of which wasn't even made by them, and details on 3 others (and a couple other stuff)

Please, in the name of all that is good and true, don't let this E3 be a repeat of the lasts. I'm not expecting a Mario or Zelda... just something better than the last freaking time...

Well MS's press conference had 2 game's announced

FFXIII and Lips.

I'll concede that FFXIII could almost be considered to be as big as Wii Sports Resort (although sales will not be so generous to FFXIII for the 360). So you're saying that Lips is as big as Wii Music and GTA:CTW combined??

As for the Sony conference, I couldn't find any big games. ratchet and clank seemed to be their biggest announcement

So when you decide to take back what you say, I'll be waiting

Around the Network
scottie said:
IxisNaugus said:

This.

Wii Music - details

*facekeyboard*. That is the most horrendous list ever. Who... WHO at Nintendo thought this was acceptable? 2 Games announced... one of which wasn't even made by them, and details on 3 others (and a couple other stuff)

Please, in the name of all that is good and true, don't let this E3 be a repeat of the lasts. I'm not expecting a Mario or Zelda... just something better than the last freaking time...

FFXIII and Lips.

I'll concede that FFXIII could almost be considered to be as big as Wii Sports Resort (although sales will not be so generous to FFXIII for the 360). So you're saying that Lips is as big as Wii Music and GTA:CTW combined??

As for the Sony conference, I couldn't find any big games. ratchet and clank seemed to be their biggest announcement

You think Wii Sports Resorts is going to be anything even remotely close to the size of FFXIII? If your not talking about sales, you need to get your head checked ASAP.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Soriku said:
Zucas said:
And don't forget guys the October Conference did separate E3 2008 to E3 2009. And no one can deny how awesome that was haha. Once again I point back to the extensive size of this E3 compared to last year's. If the conference will be bigger then so will the keynotes.

I think the October conference will be better than E3 actually :P

But,there are going to announce Pilotwings on the E3 :P

Shadowblind said:
scottie said:
IxisNaugus said:

This.

Wii Music - details

FFXIII and Lips.

You think Wii Sports Resorts is going to be anything even remotely close to the size of FFXIII? If your not talking about sales, you need to get your head checked ASAP.

FFXIII was bigger than 3x the whole Nintendo showing.

Shadowblind said:
scottie said:
IxisNaugus said:

FFXIII and Lips.

Ok, I was trying to be polite by saying that FFXIII could almost be considered as big as WSR and WM+. But you don't seem to care about not being rude, so I take it back.

WSR will certainly be one of the best selling games ever, and it will be remembered throughout history as the game that pioneered 1:1 motion control. FFXIII will be thought of as 'that FF game that came between XII and XIV' '

As for the argument you seem to be trying to draw me into, as to which will be a better game. I cannot judge untill we get more details about WSR. If it has 10 games, each of which is as awesome as the sword fighting and jet skiing, then it will blow FFXIII out of the water. If it has online then it might even blow FFXIV out of the water

Soriku said:
At the very *least* there will be these announced that we know of:

-Factor 5 title
-Pikmin 3

They'll definitely announce new core games to use MotionPlus.

They *could* announce Fatal Frame and Disaster for NA as well.

Possibly a new Fire Emblem as well.

Maybe Mario Party 9 as well.

I think this year will have good titles...but I think the bulk will come out in 2010 (new Paper Mario, maybe MP9 if it doesn't come out this year, Zelda, Monolith Soft titles, etc.)

What about the Matsumo RPG?Also IGN said Nintendo might announce a new  game from the wii series my money is on Wii parking lot.In which players take the role of a Taxi driver and the driver must park the cars on their respective slot on the parking  lot.10 m sales confirmed.