By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed 2 in 2009 - Super Sequel Or Flop Of The Year?

http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/assassins-creed-2-in-2009-super-sequel-or-flop-of-the-year

While all of us pretty much knew it already, it has finally been officially announced that Assassins Creed 2 will indeed be coming at the end of this year.

Most of us had pretty much the same issues with the first Assassin’s Creed now didn’t we? The game looked fantastic, the controls were decent enough but why, oh why did the developers think that making gamers do the same crappy tasks over and over again was a good idea. It’s as if they spent so much time creating the tech behind the game that they actually forgot they had to fit in the rest as well, and so rushed it out at the last second.

So with so many of us disappointed with the first game, should we even be getting excited for the second?

My answer is: Definitely.

More after the jump.

You see, the thing is that Ubisoft felt the sting after the release of their “amazing” next-gen title when review after review pounded it for being so shallow and repetitive. My guess, is that, unless the developers are a bunch of blithering idiots, they have realised that the sequel needs to be so much more than that.

With that in mind, I think that they are probably going to be putting a lot more time and effort into making a deep and engaging game with far more elements, and with most of the tech already in place, they should be able to do just that.

I could be completely wrong, but I hope I am not. The general feeling after playing the first Assassins Creed was that there was definitely something special there, but it fell short for so many reasons. I’m going to give Ubisoft another chance and say that they may just have a winner on their hands this time around.

I’d be interested to hear what our readers think, so drop us a comment below.

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

Its going to be HUGE, I loved the first one the next one they will correct all the issues they had with the first

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

i think this one will be very good, i didnt like the first so they need to improve it alot

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

i also enjoyed the first, even though the missions were somewhat repetitive. climbing the towers in the cities and looking out on the landscape was incredible (at least back then). my suggestions for improvement would include:

-day/night time settings (what sort of assasin kills only in broad daylight?)

- more stealth gameplay mechanics (borrowing from mgs/splinter cell)

-more indoor missions(ex: infiltrating and sneaking thru your targets castle/home to his bedroom as hes sleeping,etc); possibly add gameplay related minigames like picking locks, etc

-more varied mission givers with more fleshed out stories

-ability to change your clothing (and have it affect your "stealth rating" depending on what your mission is), because we know how inconspicuous wearing a bright white cape and blouse with complex designs are (sarcasm)

i really think if they go up and beyond just cranking out a carbon copy sequel, they could really make this one of the elite franchises in the industry

of couse it will be awesome. its being made by ubisoft montreal.

Around the Network

I loved the first game. The repetition was actually not that bad for me, and I seriously doubt Ubisoft is worried about their somewhat average reviews for Assassin's Creed when the game sold 8 million copies (not counting PC release). That said, I look forward to the sequel and I'm glad to hear that it's coming this year. A definite purchase for me.

dsister44 said:
of couse it will be awesome. its being made by ubisoft montreal.

That's for me the reason it'll be crap

Super Sequal.

Loved the first game, just wish it was more replayable.

4 ≈ One

ooh, my bad i was wrong. it doesnt have a dev listed as of yet http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/assassins-creed-2/

I think it will be at least as good as the first. I just hope it brings more videos of Jade Raymond extolling its virtues to the internet.

Heavens to Murgatoids.