By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Software Stats April Update: The Rise Of ‘Call Of Duty’

i never thought of it before, but would anyone have the time to add up all the play times for all the games that currently have them, and get a very rough overall average time people have spent on their wii's?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
I also have the same data for Wiiware, Virtual Console, and the Wii Channels.

As well as for the average sessions per person as well.... if anyone is interested.

I'm interested  :)

I just send re-downloaded the the channel and did the 'recommend game' thing for most of my games.
So that means that I sent my records for WaW, MadWorld...etc, and they will be added for the next month, right? For example, will my *coughtendaysofplaytimecough* be added to WAW? :S

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Thanks for posting. I always like seeing this info.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Well, I just finished Madworld, so I'll make sure to jump into the Nintendo channel to help it get rated. :) I may jump bank into Zack and Wiki for a 3rd time through. :)

Around the Network
vonboy said:
i never thought of it before, but would anyone have the time to add up all the play times for all the games that currently have them, and get a very rough overall average time people have spent on their wii's?

It doesn' work like that... remember not everyone has every game.... although, hang on, I will have a look using the "total hours" column and see if anything is plausable.

Hyperion said:

I just send re-downloaded the the channel and did the 'recommend game' thing for most of my games.
So that means that I sent my records for WaW, MadWorld...etc, and they will be added for the next month, right? For example, will my *coughtendaysofplaytimecough* be added to WAW? :S

I don't know what the "reccomend game" thing you are speaking of is.... but for your data to be included in the Nintendo Channel all you have to do is enter the channel... as long as you agreed for Nintendo to take your data (If you haven't already.. then click the little spanner icon in the Nintendo Channel, then click the "data sharing" menu)

(Is the reccomend game thing the green envelope where you give your opinion on each game you have?.... if so then that is seperate to the data given on this thread... but it does mean you are then included on the other data you can see on each game page, which is the green pie-charts showing what people think about the game)

Also... I believe there are some conditions to the number of hours.... like it doesn't count any "sessions" longer than 6 hours (time spent in 1 game or channel without going back to the Wii menu) ... so for instance when I bought LoZ Twilight Princess I had two 8 hour sessions in the first day.... both of those will only have been counted as 6 hours. (so it does still count them but it maxes out)

vonboy said:

I just did what you asked for PAL regions... but it really isn't a helpful number.

The total time spent on all the games I listed above, plus all channels, Wiiware and VC.... divided by the number of people included in the data comes to 168.86 hours

But because that number only includes a selection of the games the people will own, and of some of them that are included many are not for all 8 regions (especially VC and Wiiware which have a harder time getting included) then it is a meaningless number.

For all we know it could be multiplied by 5 or 10 if all games were included everywhere.

you could add up total hours played for each game that has it, and then divide it by the number of people that have wii sports or the mii channel in there, for example.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

vonboy said:
you could add up total hours played for each game that has it, and then divide it by the number of people that have wii sports or the mii channel in there, for example.

That is exactly what I did. but as I explained it is a useless number.... if every single Wii game, Virtial Console game and Wiiware was included for all 8 regions then the figure could quite easily jump up by 5 times, possibly as high as 10.

Yes we have the data for the most played games like Wii Sports, MKWii etcetc... but so many games are missing even if they are not played as much.

Example: If Australia had Wii Sports data (I have no idea why it doesn't) that would probably be in excess of 3 million extra hours right there... which on it's own increases the average from 168 to 171 hours.

i guess i'll try doing it for the us when i get the time [i have to goto school in a little bit, so later].

the us nintendo channel has stats for a lot more games, probably due to the whole place being counted, as apposed to every European country having their own separate chart. a number done from the us numbers would be closer to the truth, i would think.

PM me if you add me plz.