By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GDC: We’re “broader” than mature-rated content, says Nintendo

@Procastinato

If you even read my post you would see that I wasn't arguing that, but now that you've made your stance clear, I'll let time teach you the lesson of never using the word "never".

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Never is a really long time!

I don't like to be wishy washy. No fun in that.

Never.

Wii HD titles don't count, either. ;)

I really wonder why so many "hardcore" gamers are so obsessed with the M rated games. I just dont get it, Wii does not have many of them, and especially Wii does not have a blockbuster title that is M rated therefore its obvious that those games wont attract bigger audience.

My definition of broader means everything. So although they say not exclusive to M-rated content that doesn't mean they exclude it either. So what's the problem here. Is it bad to supply to everyone now haha.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
TWRoO said:
kratos3390 said:

Okay honestly, name five wii games that have successfully used the motion sensitivity WELL to its fullest potential.

Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Excite Truck, Metroid Prime 3.

Or you want third party games?

Zack & Wiki, SSX Blur, Deadly Creatures. [unfortunately I can't name anymore as I am limiting myself to games I own]

Unless of course, by motion control I am allowed to include the IR pointer function (which isn't strictly motion control but it is another thing that differentiates the Wii's controls)

In which case I can add for 1st party:

Batallion Wars II, Endless Ocean, Metroid Prime 3 again, Mario Galaxy again, LoZ:Twilight Princess and Wii Play.

And for 3rd party:

Geometry Wars, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki again, and Lost Winds.

------

The only games I own I haven't mentioned are No More Heroes, which doesn't really use the motion control or the pointer in innovative ways.... but that doesn't stop it still being an awsome game. I also didn't mention Toki Tori, which is simply just point and click, but then what more are you expecting? It is still a very good and challenging puzzle game.

I'll add to the list games that I've played that you didn't mention:

WarioWare, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (not perfect, but still fun), Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8 (bad game, but the motion controlled minigames were a highlight), Lit (great WiiWare game), World of Goo, and especially Boom Blox.

I don't know how you guys could leave out The Godfather: Blackhand Edition for Wii. It is by far one of the most satisfying games when using the motion control. If The Godfather 2 was on Wii I'd buy it. Since it is only on PS3/X360, I'm probably just going to pass on it.

Also Mercury Meltdown Revolution (or any of the marble type games for that matter), used the motion control perfectly.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ClaudeLv250 said:
Shura said:
llewdebkram said:
Have any new mature games been successful on the PS3 and Xbox360 or are they reliant on sequals and well established titles, COD4, GTA4, RE5, Halo3, Killzone2, Street fighter4 etc etc?

I'm wondering if the Wii is getting a much higher percentage of new titles than the other 2 consoles this generation.

New games rated M over 1 m for 360

Gears of war: 5.87
Assassins creed: 4.47
Bioshock: 2.15
Left 4 dead: 2.03
Mass effect: 2.02
Saints row: 1.94
Dead rising: 1.64
Crackdown: 1.48
Army of two: 1.45 

Now how many of those are 3rd party exclusive non-shooters?

lol! Awesome.

@ Kyliedog: Just because a game is rated 'M' doesn't mean it's "hardcore".

M-rated games are for young boys who think it's so cool to play games with alot of gun, blood and death

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

T-rated games are often more mature than M-rated games, I've found...