By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GDC: We’re “broader” than mature-rated content, says Nintendo

kratos3390 said:

Okay honestly, name five wii games that have successfully used the motion sensitivity WELL to its fullest potential.

Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Excite Truck, Metroid Prime 3.

Or you want third party games?

Zack & Wiki, SSX Blur, Deadly Creatures. [unfortunately I can't name anymore as I am limiting myself to games I own]

Unless of course, by motion control I am allowed to include the IR pointer function (which isn't strictly motion control but it is another thing that differentiates the Wii's controls)

In which case I can add for 1st party:

Batallion Wars II, Endless Ocean, Metroid Prime 3 again, Mario Galaxy again, LoZ:Twilight Princess and Wii Play.

And for 3rd party:

Geometry Wars, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki again, and Lost Winds.

------

The only games I own I haven't mentioned are No More Heroes, which doesn't really use the motion control or the pointer in innovative ways.... but that doesn't stop it still being an awsome game. I also didn't mention Toki Tori, which is simply just point and click, but then what more are you expecting? It is still a very good and challenging puzzle game.

Around the Network

i don't think many GOOD wii games bombed. except:
Disaster
Opoona
Blast Works
Sam & Max 1
Zack & Wiki
We Love Golf
every other quality title made profit even those ports mentioned by inigo.

waron said:
Disaster
Opoona
Blast Works
Sam & Max 1
Zack & Wiki
We Love Golf

Opoona was made by Koei correct? They don't have many games that sell over 200k. However the game still bombed, and didn't get a 5.5 from IGN?

Disaster wasn't even released in America and its sales are nonexistent in Europe. Gamespot gave it a 5.5 ( I don't trust GS at all though).Maybe if it was released inAmerica, it would get the sales it deserved.European sales can never be the judge of games in the west, look at Madworld or Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. Heck, World at War

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

TWRoO said:
kratos3390 said:

Okay honestly, name five wii games that have successfully used the motion sensitivity WELL to its fullest potential.

Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Excite Truck, Metroid Prime 3.

Or you want third party games?

Zack & Wiki, SSX Blur, Deadly Creatures. [unfortunately I can't name anymore as I am limiting myself to games I own]

Unless of course, by motion control I am allowed to include the IR pointer function (which isn't strictly motion control but it is another thing that differentiates the Wii's controls)

In which case I can add for 1st party:

Batallion Wars II, Endless Ocean, Metroid Prime 3 again, Mario Galaxy again, LoZ:Twilight Princess and Wii Play.

And for 3rd party:

Geometry Wars, Okami, Resident Evil 4, Zack and Wiki again, and Lost Winds.

------

The only games I own I haven't mentioned are No More Heroes, which doesn't really use the motion control or the pointer in innovative ways.... but that doesn't stop it still being an awsome game. I also didn't mention Toki Tori, which is simply just point and click, but then what more are you expecting? It is still a very good and challenging puzzle game.

I'll add to the list games that I've played that you didn't mention:

WarioWare, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (not perfect, but still fun), Raving Rabbids, Mario Party 8 (bad game, but the motion controlled minigames were a highlight), Lit (great WiiWare game), World of Goo, and especially Boom Blox.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
SaviorX said:
waron said:
Disaster
Opoona
Blast Works
Sam & Max 1
Zack & Wiki
We Love Golf

Opoona was made by Koei correct? They don't have many games that sell over 200k. However the game still bombed, and didn't get a 5.5 from IGN?

Disaster wasn't even released in America and its sales are nonexistent in Europe. Gamespot gave it a 5.5 ( I don't trust GS at all though).Maybe if it was released inAmerica, it would get the sales it deserved.European sales can never be the judge of games in the west, look at Madworld or Call of Duty 3 on the Wii. Heck, World at War

well i don't think opoona sold more than 100k(maybe i'm mistaken), but still it makes me wonder why developers won't release more core titles that were planned for ps360 on wii instead(less production costs and pretty much every good wii game made profit so far). i mean more than 50% of ps360 games bombed hard making some developers going bankrupt(Full Auto series makers)so why they are still willing to make so many games for it?

Around the Network
kratos3390 said:
This question always comes up when a nintendo system comes along and the answer is the same thing every time. No matter how hard Nintendo tries to make it not, it will always be the "Kiddy" system. Nothing will change that because Nintendo doesn't have the proper knowledge to make a hardcore game for hardcore gamers. Nothing has changed in the past five generations of nintendo consoles. They're still refurbishing the same old "E" rated games and reselling them to its giant fanbase. Its not that they're broader than that, its that they don't know how to make a hardcore "M" rated game.

Welcome to Vgchartz make sure to check out the Virgin thread!

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=65234

I love how denise answers the idiotic questions from those guys. She quickly makes them fall from their clouds XD

Its only a matter of time before Chinatown wars breaks 1m, and a good chance it will outsell some of the PSP GTA titles. As usual, given enough time these arguments will vanish as fact takes over.

Been playing HOTD:O - and its fantastic, and I'll be buying it. Another 'mature' sale on the Wii coming up...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Matt's a child, i know now why Miyamoto doesn't take him seriously. After the Wii Music review he is never going to give him any exclusive info and after the Kid Icarus debacle the company probably don't even trust him either.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

llewdebkram said:
Have any new mature games been successful on the PS3 and Xbox360 or are they reliant on sequals and well established titles, COD4, GTA4, RE5, Halo3, Killzone2, Street fighter4 etc etc?

I'm wondering if the Wii is getting a much higher percentage of new titles than the other 2 consoles this generation.

New games rated M over 1 m for 360

Gears of war: 5.87
Assassins creed: 4.47
Bioshock: 2.15
Left 4 dead: 2.03
Mass effect: 2.02
Saints row: 1.94
Dead rising: 1.64
Crackdown: 1.48
Army of two: 1.45 

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m