By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GDC: Rockstar should have had more ‘realistic expectations’ for The Lost and Damned, says Pachter

We met up with Michael Pachter at GDC yesterday. In return for us showing him where to pick up his badge and sneaking him into the Luminaries Lunch, he told us why he thought Rockstar and Microsoft have yet to release any concrete download numbers for GTA IV DLC, The Lost and Damned.

The Wedbush Morgan analyst reckoned the content has so far failed to meet expectations for either company.

"It's not like The Lost and Damned sucked, because it didn't, and it's not because [they] did not market it well," he said

"I just don't think it has met their expectations, and it would have been better if they had set their expectations realistically."

Pachter opined that the Live attach rate is one of the reasons The Lost and Damned hadn't hit the intended mark.

"The main reason is because not too many Xbox 360 owners are hooked up to Xbox Live," he said.

"100 percent of GTA IV owners are not hooked up to XBL. Therefore by definition, not every single person who owns GTA IV has Xbox Live. Because of this, I don't think the numbers were as high as they had hoped for.

"When I personally look at DLC, I wait until the second one is released, that way I have over 40 hours of extra content instead of 20. It's like playing a whole other game," he added. "And I think a lot of people feel the same way.

He also added that he expects Rockstar to eventually offer a special edition of GTA IV to include both The Lost and Damned and the second, in-the-works piece of DLC.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/03/26/gdc-rockstar-should-have-had-more-realistic-expectations-for-the-lost-and-damned-says-patcher/

What do you think...

Around the Network

Pachter kiss my sexy and black ass,....

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

I find that in the game of games this is easily the easiest guy to hate :(
Just can`t explain it!

Does he even know what Rock* aim for TLAD was? Ugh If I ever saw him i would punch him in the face for every gamer out there.

! million download in a month @ $20 a pop? When you were reported to have been paid $25 million per DLC? What math is this clown using...? If Rockstar isn't happy with GTA's performance and the DLC on 360, they are crazy, but somehow, this is pachter, so you can take his statements with a grain of salt...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Uh, the game is making profit from the 25mil already and expected to hit 2mil downloads by the end of the year, leaving nothing but extremely high expectations for the second episode. Of course it could have sold more if it was a disk instead of DLC, but why be so greedy Pachter? u_u

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

heruamon said:
! million download in a month @ $20 a pop? When you were reported to have been paid $25 million per DLC? What math is this clown using...? If Rockstar isn't happy with GTA's performance and the DLC on 360, they are crazy, but somehow, this is pachter, so you can take his statements with a grain of salt...

agree 100%

gotta be honest his comentary really didn't make too much sense. With it already grossing around 20 million and by the end of the year probably closer to the 30 - 35 million range I don't see how you could be upset with that.

I'm disappointed by this latest bit of analysis from Pachter, but I guess I should have had more realistic expectations for it.

point x said:
Pachter kiss my sexy and black ass,....

gags, and throw-up

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane