By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Super Mario Galaxy was the first game in the series…

Griffin said:
The horrible controls and even worse camera would of made the game flop.

lol that has to be sarcasm…

lol if what you say is what you mean then what you played was not SMG as it had great controls and a great camera system.

Are you facing the... nevermind

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
tabsina said:
Catch 22, the Wii wouldn't exist without mario :P

I couldn't imagine a gaming world without Mario.

Griffin said:
The horrible controls and even worse camera would of made the game flop.

What in the world

Thechalkblock said:
tabsina said:
Catch 22, the Wii wouldn't exist without mario :P

I couldn't imagine a gaming world without Mario.

Yeah it is a good thing it has Nintendo as the developer and not Sega… poor Sonic

You all know its the truth, stop trying to fool yourselves, the game had motion controls which never worked, added with a camera angle that was horrible to say the least, the camera never went where it was needed and always did its own thing.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

You all know its the truth, stop trying to fool yourselves, the game had motion controls which never worked, added with a camera angle that was horrible to say the least, the camera never went where it was needed and always did its own thing.

What a silly string of things to say. What motion controls are you referring to?

no. it wouldn't have sold as many but it would have sold quite a bit because it was a great Wii game made by Nintendo at a time when Wii and Nintendo were THE thing to buy. Oh and it looks like they still are.

And remember it wasn't Mario that saved Nintendo over the last decade of PS domination, it was Pokemon. That and the game boy.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Khuutra said:
Griffin said:

What a silly string of things to say. What motion controls are you referring to?

It seams he left to check if there was any moves made by motion :P

Roma said:
Khuutra said:
Griffin said:

It seams he left to check if there was any moves made by motion :P

When you needed to spin to kill people, it never worked and was almost impossible to judge the distance people were from you so you need to spin the thing like 5times for each person just so you hit them.  And due to the horrible camera it made it impossible to judge where you were going to land when you tried to jump on people, so you were forced to do the spin attack.