By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Super Mario Galaxy was the first game in the series…

I think it wouldve gotten a 10 from IGN and sold 2 million copies.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Around the Network

I guess your question is more in the sense of... what if it was not Mario? What if it was some other new character?

It certainly wouldn't have sold as much.

TWRoO said:

Ignoring all the logical flaws (like the catch 22) No it would not... platformers are not a popular genre anymore... and to be honest Mario bascailly made the platformer a popular genre so they may have never been popular, thus Galaxy might have been labelled an adventure game that was rather niche in it's odd use of a plumber jumping around. Although that brings another logic failure in that Mario is a plumber and looks like he does simply because of the technical limitations of the NES, so he wouldn't be Mario without that.

-----

Basically I think these questions are always very silly.... My cousin when playing scrabble always said things like "if I had a "V" I could spell ......... " but the point is, you don't have that letter so you can't spell it.

haha silly, ok sure but… but the Wii... oh well i was bored. still fun to read what you guys have to say though...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i think that the nitendo would still be around but instead they would be a 3rd party,they would have ended up like sega did.and sega may still be in the console race

The horrible controls and even worse camera would of made the game flop.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
The horrible controls and even worse camera would of made the game flop.

If only you weren't a waste of my time I might have more time.... you are lucky I am incredibly bored.

it might have sold much better, being that it would haev broken more new ground than it has being a continuation

without the mario name properly established, it would have flopped most likely.

agreed

How many games of that calibre have ever "Flopped"?

Would it have sold as well? Probably not, but not selling 8 Million units is not the same thing as a game flopping!