By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

Indeed it did. I am now 90% certain I have an explanation for why this is happening. Copy and pasted from a PM sent to Noname about this problem.

My guess is the Wii Shop channel keeps a record of everyone that buys a game from it for a number of reasons. Amongst the identifying information would be which country the Wii is from. Anyone trying to send a gift to that address would be filtered through what the Wii Shop channel has on record. The record wouldn't be updated unless you reconnected to the channel and since you can't send gifts to people from different countries we have roadblock in gifting. Most people wouldn't reconnect in such a short time creating a cluster of Tims with out of sync information.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

i´m in for the second round, thanks for the invite.

7188 5379 1382 7074
i´m form Mexico and own all types of controllers except for the balance board.

congrats to you noname for organizing this activity and spend your time in it, it´s great to see someone with that spirit and pass it to everybody like that=).

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Wow my Santa gifted me 6 games!!!!!!
You're the best whoever you are, and thanks sooooooo much!!!!

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I can't send the gift because the country of my Tim doesn't support Nintendo Club and if I change my country Nintendo will not recognize my Nintendo Club Account on my Wii anymore...

Sorry if you can't understand, it's difficult to explain in english for me.

What must I do now?

Wii Fit is rapidly beating PS3...

Playing now: Apollo Justice, Majora's Mask

Going to play: Little King Story

"As long as there is a Triforce, there will be a Zelda  As long as there is a prosperous kingdom, there will be an evil that wants destroy it And as long as there is an oppressive force running Hyrule, there will be a boy, in a green tunic, with a silver shield, and a magic blade, to stand against them."-The Legend of Zelda

Just send my gift this morning. I hope he likes them. Does using your Mii in the message count as giving away your identity?

Goes to play Persona 3: FES while waiting for gift.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network
RPG_Fanatic said:
Just send my gift this morning. I hope he likes them. Does using your Mii in the message count as giving away your identity?

Only if they know what you look like and/or it's named the same as your Username here. Anyone who is really determined could trace the Wii Code numbers and find out who gave them something.

BrainBoxLtd said:
RPG_Fanatic said:

Only if they know what you look like and/or it's named the same as your Username here. Anyone who is really determined could trace the Wii Code numbers and find out who gave them something.

Ups!!!  Hope my Tim isn’t too inclined to investigate....

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

well this is turning out to be a great success from what i can see

I got my PM a couple days ago, but I just entered the friend codes this morning. Hope I didn't screw up anybody's plans. As soon as my Wii gives me the okay, I'm gonna send the gift!

hey Noname, if you could kind sir, sign me up for ROUND 2!!!!!!! it should be just as epic, or dare i say even MORE epic?!?! PK STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSTORM!!!!!!