By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

TruckOSaurus said:
Great! My Tiny Tim registered quick enough so I could gift him before I had to leave. I didn't receive my gift yet... so I'll have to wait to see what I've got.

@noname: I had to change my country setting to send my gift and there was a message about my country change when I entered the shopping channel and it said "If you have pending gifts, you won't be able to receive them after changing your country setting."

Does this mean my gift could get lost in the mail?

Nah, not from what I understand. It certainly didn't happen to me. Just to be safe, though, you can make a quick strike when you gift your foreign Tim, and then change it straight back to your own country. You should do that anyway, actually, since Santa can't gift you while you've set your game to another country.

Around the Network

Big thanks goes out to noname for organizing all of this. You did a great job buddy.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

noname2200 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Great! My Tiny Tim registered quick enough so I could gift him before I had to leave. I didn't receive my gift yet... so I'll have to wait to see what I've got.

@noname: I had to change my country setting to send my gift and there was a message about my country change when I entered the shopping channel and it said "If you have pending gifts, you won't be able to receive them after changing your country setting."

Does this mean my gift could get lost in the mail?

Nah, not from what I understand. It certainly didn't happen to me. Just to be safe, though, you can make a quick strike when you gift your foreign Tim, and then change it straight back to your own country. You should do that anyway, actually, since Santa can't gift you while you've set your game to another country.

Cool that's about what I did, I'm back being a Canadian Wii now!

Signature goes here!

Well I got Space Invaders Get Even and World of Goo!!!

Honestly I was a little bit "meh" about Space Invaders, I played the classics and i found them charming but they didn't grab me, I didn't know it was different! I liked the twist of gameplay and you being the space invaders, I think it was brilliant!

World of Goo is AWESOME as i expected! My little brother just finished Chapter1 ! I didn't know a game like this would appeal to him!, I have to be careful and finish the game before he does!!

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:
Well I got Space Invaders Get Even and World of Goo!!!

Honestly I was a little bit "meh" about Space Invaders, I played the classics and i found them charming but they didn't grab me, I didn't know it was different! I liked the twist of gameplay and you being the space invaders, I think it was brilliant!

World of Goo is AWESOME as i expected! My little brother just finished Chapter1 ! I didn't know a game like this would appeal to him!, I have to be careful and finish the game before he does!!

I wouldn't worry about that too much: the difficulty becomes fiendish later in the game.

FIENDISH.

Around the Network

Got my game WOOT!

Thanks Santa! I just got FF:CC: My Life As a King!!! The only WiiWare game I want! yes!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmmm, I still can't seem to gift my Tiny Tim ; ; I think he added me, but I don't know why I can't send it.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

OH I'm down for the second round :P what was the info I need lets see

starbruin
USA
console: 2845 1210 0436 3438

Controllers: remote, nunchuck, classic and gamecube...basically all but the balance board...e_e

and if I could get an idea of the time it would be nice I suppose haha so I can actually start putting in my game collection...I have been lazy to add games and add more to my profile...or I could be bad and not list anything and just wait for ninty to tell what i have lol frustrating...i'll get a bag of coal for that

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

I'm all up for a second round if you decide to go through with it noname.