By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Sports’ Peter Moore On The Struggle Of Selling Sports Games To Wii Owners

double sorry

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Im surprised that EA was concerned about the userbase and install base on the Wii, and I thought theyre only making multiplats on the console to make a quick buck. If EA was really concern about Wii's userbase, they should make a medal of honor heroes 2 sequel with updated graphics could compared to the Quantum engine and promoting their multiplat games in-game wether online like Valve did with CS or as a extra cinematic features. But I guess it will never happen...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

goddog said:
stof said:
Madden Tiger and Fifa the Wrestling game and Pro Evo have all sold fairly well. I expect all of those games' 09 editions to pass 1 million. They might not be close to dominant, but thats still pretty damn good.

but thats been the expectation of wii madden for the last 2 years, even more so this year, where it was supposed ot out sell the ps3s version at minimum. judging based on install base this year, and ill say the base will be close to double next year, we can see around 300-500k on launch it should get close to 1 million, but even next year without a major change i just dont see it happening 

Whose expectation? some nerds on the internet? Yes, that is low for its install base, so what? In both my posts I've tried to stress that regardless of how they compare to other editions, they're still selling quite well over time. A game like NCAA, yeah, that raises questions, as the game sells outright poorly. But there's a sizable group of sports games (traditional ones) that sell fairly well on the Wii, and the fact that they aren't selling incredibly well doesn't change that.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

As a Wii/PS3 owner, I'd buy Madden for the Wii with one easy change. If it had a traditional control option that would allow me to either use the classic controller or the gamecube controller.

Madden Wii will never have the attach rate of the 360 or PS3 because multi-console owners will most likely prefer the HD graphics. I could care less. But I tried Madden Wii and the controls are not as tight as traditional controls. They can be fun, but when it gets to all-madden competitive games you don't want controls that work 90-95% of the time. I would probably mess around with the motion controls, but a traditional control option would have me sold.

In fact, that's what I hate about most games.  Yes, I love what motion control can accomplish when done right, but games like Mario Kart give the best of both worlds.

maybe if they stopped putting retarded looking covers on the Wii versions they would sell more.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut