By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge magazine reviews Fable 2, Little Big Planet, and Tales of Vesperia

jasonnc80 said:
On EDGE Racing games... Forza, PGR4, GRID all got 9 and Dirt got an 8. So I wouldn't say they were biased about racers

I think they said Motostorm had "dissapointing graphics" or something. I'll find the quote.

Edit: Couldn't find it, scratch this post.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
The_vagabond7 said:
man, lots of good games coming out. That's a great list. I may have to get Farcry 2 after all, I just can't decide.

I'm definitely renting it, and may buy. I hated FC, but I have to say the FC2 looks great, lol.

Same here gave up on it half way through but this one looks good.

pearljammer said:

Great score for LBP, anyone know what 10's they have handed out in the past?

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: OOT
Half-Life 2
Orange Box
Halo 3
GTA IV
Little Big Planet

Those are all the 10's that were ever recorded on Gamerankings from them.  Regardless of your opinions on the other games that's still a pretty small list that LBP joins so good news.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

wow 10/10 for LBP

and 9/10 for Fable2

both below my expectations

Time to Work !

After giving arguably the best game of this generation thus far an 8/10 I think i'll pass on caring about this outlets reviews.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
jasonnc80 said:
On EDGE Racing games... Forza, PGR4, GRID all got 9 and Dirt got an 8. So I wouldn't say they were biased about racers

I think they said Motostorm had "dissapointing graphics" or something. I'll find the quote.

Edit: Couldn't find it, scratch this post.

they are damn right........atleast the demo was fugly

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

But I thought a 10 from Edge means nothing since they gave it to Halo 3 and GTA4!111!! And they are biased because they gave MGS4 8/10!11!

I can only hope the LBP score rams it into certain peoples head that these periodicals actually werent biased after all.

Very excited about Fable 2, as I have been since I pre-ordered in August.

This is the most overrated print magazine of the video gaming world.

Not really a horrible magazine, I've read some issues - but these guys are so full of themselves, it's not even funny. It seems the most important thing for these guys is keeping people to think a good Edge score "ennobles" a game. These guys are so wrong on so many occasions - not the scores, I don't care for their scores, but e.g. the title story of a few years ago about how LucasArts will change to better... this just made me laugh (though granted, the issue had a great cover).

By the way: The review threads on VGChartz are fluctuating between "Meh, who cares about scores, review system is broken anyway" and "Game abc got sensational score of 9.x (or 10) from site/magzine xyz." We're currently in the latter phase due to upcoming holiday season, it seems.

EaglesEye379 said:
But I thought a 10 from Edge means nothing since they gave it to Halo 3 and GTA4!111!! And they are biased because they gave MGS4 8/10!11!

I can only hope the LBP score rams it into certain peoples head that these periodicals actually werent biased after all.

Very excited about Fable 2, as I have been since I pre-ordered in August.

It's just fanboys who believe that. You judge a review source based on consistancy, not individual game scores. They gave very good reasoning why MGS4 got an 8/10, and for them, 8/10 is a great review.

"My game didn't score what it should have," oh boo hoo!

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Go LBP it's ya birthday!