By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anti-Spore site launches, cites “attack on Christian values”

Just as well this guy was'nt reviewing it.

Heres a link.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/09/09/anti-spore-site-launches-cites-attack-on-christian-values/

An anti-Spore site has launched in direct protest of the game’s “attack on Christian values,” calling itself Antispore.com.

This is our favourite bit:

You would think that as a member of the Episcopal Church, a smart man like Will Wright would not be capable of creating Spore. However, we must be reminded that the Episcopal Church is the only church in america [sic] that ordains homosexuals on a regular basis.

It makes sense that a perverted church would cause a man to make the creations he has in this game. It just may be that evolution is not the only thing to fear this game teaching your children.

Around the Network

....I love this it makes me laugh...

Former something....

Poor Will Wright. Gets it from the militant atheists and the militant Christians.

Is spore going to make me gay?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Is spore going to make me gay?

Happy maybe.

Around the Network

My 1000th post.

Had to be to my own thread.

OMG a creature had boobs and another had a huge schlong I love the internet and i love stupid people on the internet.

I think i should protest about all those evangelist shows on TV attacking my evolutionary values.

That's funny. I thought it was an attack on Darwinian values.

This freak doesn't need to worry about Spore teaching children about evolution. In reality, natural selection doesn't involve collecting points to upgrade body parts. In fact, it's this complete refusal to adhere to actual evolutionary principles that was one of the biggest disappointments for me.

As a 4X RTS game, the Space Stage is actually pretty damn good, but the concept of evolution (which many of us thought would be the main focus of the game) is implemented so poorly that the early stages should probably have been removed altogether.

Funnily enough, the last RTS game that I enjoyed as much as Spore was Darwinia.

Silly fundamentalists.